+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1151525354555657585960616263646566676869 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

FORT Newbie

Re: Intervention (A&E)

I really can't stand this show..and my husband loves it.... arrrgghh I just have no sympathy, or use for drug users, alcoholics, who don't want to help themselves.

actually, most drug abusers do want to help themselves, but are so mired in drug use and the lifestyle associated with it that they can not see a way out. it's very sad to read someone say they have no sypathy or use for them. at the end of the day, they are still human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna122;3762032;
    I really can't stand this show..and my husband loves it.... arrrgghh I just have no sympathy, or use for drug users, alcoholics, who don't want to help themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3763688;
    actually, most drug abusers do want to help themselves, but are so mired in drug use and the lifestyle associated with it that they can not see a way out. it's very sad to read someone say they have no sypathy or use for them. at the end of the day, they are still human beings.
    Have to remember that drugs and alcohol do affect the decisions that people make and when one is on one continuous bender they likely are not thinking the clearest. And then you start to dig that hole and get deeper and deeper and the way out is less and less likely. And being surrounded by people who feel nothing but disdain for them even when they do try...

It's not easy to get clean.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Did anyone catch tonights episode? My DVR cut it off just as he agreed to go to treatment. Does anyone remember how he did? Thanks!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

Greg stayed at the treatment center for the full 90 days, and I think he was continuing treatment until springtime. He learned to manage his pain without abusing his painkillers. He also admitted he had been using meth and coke, and he hadn't used those since he went into rehab. He gained some weight and looked a lot better at the end of the show.

ETA: He also hadn't sent any money to those internet scammers since he went into rehab.

I thought I read they had found pollyps (sp?) on his throat and he was going to surgery to remove those too.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Thanks Brunette Trixie! Had a feeling he was using something other than the pain killers. Glad he was doing better....so far.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by hanna122;3762032;
    I'll bet there is some good literature out there that explains how difficult these things are to overcome. Might be worth a check-see.
    Last edited by Jexter; 12-08-2009 at 10:00 PM.

$600,000.00 on internet scams.
    KAREN

I fell asleep before the ending, too, but watched it on AE.com. The program is broken down into 4 increments, so it was easy to catch the last 15 minutes on line. And yes, Greg did have some benign polyps removed from his throat while still in Rehab.

+ Reply to Thread