+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

FORT Fan
    I was moved to comment on a couple of things. JD, you have a lot of courage to beat your addictions. Erin-go-bragh, I came home one day to find one of these people on the Oprah show, and realized I had known her as a bright, beautiful child. I began to cry, realizing what hell she had been through since I last saw her. I was overwhelmed with the apparent success of the intervention and rehab, but I am realistic that these addictions often return. I have watched most of the episodes on A & E and feel that they would make excellent training materials for teachers, nurses, counselors, and parents.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Well, thanks primadonna. It's certainly not one of the proudest times of my life -- being a druggie, and I still feel a bit naked (for lack of a better word) from having shared the details. But, it's out there...I just hope others are as fortunate as I was/am to have a strong and supportive family and group of friends.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    If one of my kids tried to use that "if I get a job...." line on me....holy moly would I let loose. She totally lives in a fantasy world - she's just one jackpot away from happiness.
    I know. That lady is one crazy gal. During the intervention when she kept puffing away on those cigarettes, I jsut wanted to scream. "I'm not going." "I won't go to North Carolina." Well fine then, Missy, good luck paying your bills and finding a place to sleep. But no, Ma & Pa and Pushover Adam are there to bail you out. Hell, why would she get a job? Just thinking about it gets me fired up again!
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    The cutting thing is ugly because of the blood, but it's easily gotten rid of when you get the drinking under control...
    Just to put in my personal info on the subject. I started cutting BECAUSE I stopped drinking and using. I had been doing these things to numb out so when I stopped I had no idea how to deal with my emotions and started cutting. I just want people to know that sobriety doesn't always equal sanity and it really isn't easy to deal with a bunch of stuff at the same time like cutting and drinking.
    I saw Tamela on Oprah and she says she's doing well.

FORT Fan
    I've been watching this show since the episode with Gabe the gamberl and I'm still waiting to see someone who is more self centered than him. Just from watching the show, it seems like the gambling addicts are the most stubborn when it comes to getting help. At least the lady who was a gambler and a drug addict seemed to feel some guilt about taking all that money from her husband. With Gabe it was like he was just getting more money from his parents which they owed him anyway because they're his parents and they have to do whatever he needs them to do regardless of his own actions.

I thought the episode with the video game addict was really interesting too. I think it was a good example of what happens when someone accepts the treatment for the sake of others instead of for his own sake. At the end of the episode we see him back in his room playing video games.

I'd like to hear more from the intervention experts during the show. They seem to have two different styles. The man is more direct and just says what he needs to say. The lady seems to have a softer style and tries to do more convincing rather than threatening. One thing I wonder is do they ever give someone more than one intervention. I've never heard of that happening but I don't know. I guess like some of the rest of you, I really had to vent about what I've seen on this show. Thanks

I've never seen this show because I guess I was watching something else at the same time (Gray's Anatomy, likely), but today watching "Sell This House" saw an ad for it. There is a new episode tonight at 10pm. Since Gray's is now in repeats I'll check it out. Based on all the positive feedback about this show here, I think I'll like it. Also going to check out "Family Plots" for the first time tonight (also a new episode), which I've also heard is good.

~Emily

New episode tonight? Awesome. This show is really good.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by reality_emily
    Also going to check out "Family Plots" for the first time tonight (also a new episode), which I've also heard is good.

~Emily

Intervention is an excellent show. No holds-barred reality, for sure.

As for Family Plots....heh heh...oh yeah - check it out.

FORT Newbie
    I have not seen the show yet either, but its getting great reveiws from you guy's. My question is why did the family's that profess to care so much wait for the cameras to roll to try to get help.

Dani Filth is My Hero undertakeress's Avatar
    Tonights episode was actually good. I thought Cristine wasn't going to get help but I'm surprised she actually up and did it...Talk about textbook alcoholic...

Kelly's daughter really made me cry...picking up her mom's anorexia habits...I'm glad they're both doing well
    I <3 Cradle of Filth

+ Reply to Thread