+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 69 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

let me start out my rant with the lady that was on the other night, the one with the drinking problem, and the two girls. She was funny, seriously i was laughing at everything she was saying. She has a GREAT personality! I didnt like the fact that she pretty much just gave her oldest one to her auntie or whomever she let her stay with and the younger one to the g-ma. At least their family is tight enough as a unit to understand or have understood her problem and all stick together so no one was to far away.

I love how it showed how Rose her oldest daughter grew up and what she became in live. It showed me that yes you can have a mother that is hooked on something, but you dont have to be brought down with it, and she is a cop nonetheless. I wonder how old her youngest daughter is b/c she already had two babies.. that shocked me.

Im glad she took the help and she stuck with it. B/c after 30 years of nonstop drinking it can be TOUGH, heck it can be tough just with a year of being addicated to anything, including alochol. Ive never been addicated to anything bad, just hello kitty things, so i dont know how hard it to go through that, put your family through that and then go through detox, and try to stay clean.

Im glad she got clean, and even when she was clean she was still funny as hel! and had that GREAT personality. Glad she got to keep her job, and her kids and her family is still behind her.
    If I were sand and you were oceans,
    The moon would be why you're pulled to me.

rose has 2 kids? i missed that somehow.

she did seem to have a great personality. i hope she stays sober!

Quote Originally Posted by Shay_na;3679187;
    let me start out my rant with the lady that was on the other night, the one with the drinking problem, and the two girls. She was funny, seriously i was laughing at everything she was saying. She has a GREAT personality! I didnt like the fact that she pretty much just gave her oldest one to her auntie or whomever she let her stay with and the younger one to the g-ma. At least their family is tight enough as a unit to understand or have understood her problem and all stick together so no one was to far away.

I love how it showed how Rose her oldest daughter grew up and what she became in live. It showed me that yes you can have a mother that is hooked on something, but you dont have to be brought down with it, and she is a cop nonetheless. I wonder how old her youngest daughter is b/c she already had two babies.. that shocked me.

Im glad she took the help and she stuck with it. B/c after 30 years of nonstop drinking it can be TOUGH, heck it can be tough just with a year of being addicated to anything, including alochol. Ive never been addicated to anything bad, just hello kitty things, so i dont know how hard it to go through that, put your family through that and then go through detox, and try to stay clean.

Im glad she got clean, and even when she was clean she was still funny as hel! and had that GREAT personality. Glad she got to keep her job, and her kids and her family is still behind her.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3679270;
    rose has 2 kids? i missed that somehow.

she did seem to have a great personality. i hope she stays sober!
    I was surprised that Rose has two kids also, but I think she is much older than she looks. Renee (who I think is gorgeous by the way) is 33. And I thought Rose was born 7 or so years later? I can't really remember but that number sticks in my head. So, Rose is in her mid 20's I think. I thought Gloria was funny too.

i thought renee was really pretty too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3679272;
    I was surprised that Rose has two kids also, but I think she is much older than she looks. Renee (who I think is gorgeous by the way) is 33. And I thought Rose was born 7 or so years later? I can't really remember but that number sticks in my head. So, Rose is in her mid 20's I think. I thought Gloria was funny too.

FORT Fan

I forgot to add this earlier when talking about how old Rose is. Gloria is mid 50's and definately did not look it. So, her daughters inherited her *young* gene. When they were doing confessionals with Gloria's sister, most of the show I thought it was her mother, not her sister!

Haven't watched this in a year, but I wanted to catch Alison's follow-up, because if there was ever any Interventionee I hated, it was her (though Sandra came close).

Well, she's still the same self-centered *tch she was prior. And I'm glad her mother stood up to her. "What do you want to do with YOUR cats?"

And she seems so fake. I find it telling that nothing was said about her younger sister. If she was not able to be there or is away at college, I think the BSOJ would've mentioned something. Probably doesn't want to have anything to do with Alison anymore. Sue sure seems to have her number, at least.

And yes, making amends is difficult & hard & embarrassing. But she sure didn't seem like she was taking it seriously.

I don't think it was really about the cats - rather, it said a lot about Allison & her mom's relationship. Allison, in her defence, is probably still learning about dealing with disagreements. And she did look after getting those animals shipped out to her in the end.

She has one of those flaky personalities that would make it hard to be her friend, but it was very good to see that she hasn't just beat her addiction, but is trying to help others. I hope she didn't suffer any long-term brain damage from the inhalants, either.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

anyone catch the season premier last night? i felt soooooooooooooooooooooooo bad for sam.

That was one of the craziest people yet. She clearly had a severe mental issue on top of her drug addiction. Wow.... to think I used to live in that area of California 10 years ago. I wonder if I ever saw her at the store when she was just starting out her pain killer addiction.
    Yup, with donuts!!

yeah, it was odd to me that they didn't really address the fact that she was suffering from a severe mental disorder until the end of the show when they said she had been diagnosed w a delusional disorder (no sh!t). i think her mental disorder was far more severe than her addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3760141;
    That was one of the craziest people yet. She clearly had a severe mental issue on top of her drug addiction. Wow.... to think I used to live in that area of California 10 years ago. I wonder if I ever saw her at the store when she was just starting out her pain killer addiction.

+ Reply to Thread