+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

All those wasted years, too sad. It's hard to crawl out of the bottle once you get cozy & Bret was especially defiant. Love that Ken knew he would end up going to rehab; it's just too bad that Bret didn't get to enjoy a sober life with the family that loved him so much.

I just finished watching Monday's show and I don't remember ever feeling so sad after watching an episode. I was completely shocked by the end. I cried for most of the show - what a heart wrenching episode

anyone see danielle's episode? i can't believe she was alive. up to 50 percocet a day????

FORT Fan

My tivo always cuts out the last few seconds so I never know what happened. Last night with the brothers- it said Sebastian went back into rehah, but what about Marcel?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

One brother has been clean since August 2 (2 1/2 weeks?) and the other is still taking xanax, but no mention of more heroin. I'm amazed they are alive. That was one of the most disturbing episodes ever.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3668241;
    One brother has been clean since August 2 (2 1/2 weeks?) and the other is still taking xanax, but no mention of more heroin. I'm amazed they are alive. That was one of the most disturbing episodes ever.
    Mrcel was still using AND living at home. Those people sure back pedaled.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3668262;
    Mrcel was still using AND living at home. Those people sure back pedaled.
    OH, I did leave that out, thanks Gabriel.

You know, when I think maybe I'm missing some things that I should be seeing with regard to my kids and their behaviors - I can look back on these parents. The kids were selling thousands of dollars of heroin out of their own parents' home every day!

Sure - I might miss a kid skipping school now and then, or playing sick to avoid a test....but selling heroin????

I have a HUGE problem with intervention. I feel that they spend WAY too much time on the "build up". I can get the message, on how bad the problem is,in about 10 minutes.I wish that they would spend some time on the healing process. We only get a quick glimpse at the end of the show. I wish that they would show us the ugly side of detox. They just show them going off to Florida or Utah. Sounds pretty nice, to most of us. Most of these families are as sick as the addicts. If someone was going to shoot themselves, you would take the gun out of their hands! Send some of these people to jail AND then do the intervention. Sebastian and Marcel's parents were EQUAL partners in the drug dealing. The father was ONLY WORRIED about HIS kids. What about the kids that were buying the drugs? You allow this to go on, in your own home, AND DO NOTHING? The only voice of reason was the oldest son. The rest of the family should go to jail! I don't care how well meaning they were THEY WERE WRONG. How could a show like this air and the police don't show up on the front door step the next day? The mother and father seemed to be very sweet people and I truly feel bad for them BUT they should have turned those two over to the police two years ago! Who could watch that stuff all day long and do NOTHING! I love my daughter BUT if she was living that life....SHE WOULD BE OUT! These weren't low life, drug addict parents. These were hard working, loving parents and those two drug addicted idiots don't deserve them. The parents have indulged them for too long. They have one "good" son. They should work on their relationship with him!

That issue has bothered me for some time, also. We do get to see the problem. Then we see a blurb on where the addict went - and one sentence at the end if the treatment "took" or not. I'm pretty sure if those tempted by using herion were to see these two boys detox, they would at least think twice. Of course everyone thinks "that won't happen to me" - but if it does, pal, this is what that looks like.

Another part of the situation I don't see addressed, or even mentioned, is these behaviors have been there for many, many years. They don't wake up one day and become an addict - get 2 months' treatment and go on with life. It takes years - decades even - to get to that point. These people are detoxing then being sent back to the same place they came from.

Exactly! I wonder if A&E is just setting us up for show that follow up on these people. Seems like all of the A&E shows do the same thing. Obsessed and now Hoarders (and of course intervention) you get 50 minutes of "the problem" and they tell you the results as the credits roll (really, they do). Maybe the detox facilities don't want cameras around but ,hey, if A&E is footing the bill, can't they make arrangements? Show the "casual" users what addiction REALLY MEANS. I grew up in the 70's and I still remember an anti drug movie that they showed us in school. Sonny and Cher (funny huh?) "hosted" it. It showed some guy looking in the mirror and he thought his face was melting after taking LSD! It scared me so much that I would NEVER consider taking it. You never know what might make a lasting impression.

+ Reply to Thread