+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Intervention (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3568518;
    I think the reason they do it while filming is so they can keep them safe until the intervention, and giving them money for drugs, etc. will keep them around. Many times the parents have tried to stop them and stopped giving them money, but then they are faced with not knowing where the kid is, how are they getting money, and the parents are powerless to stand up for themselves. Drug users are pretty good manipulators, and can certainly tug on the heart strings- especially of parents- when they need to.
    I'm not new to the whole addiction thing. My family's last name should be "Denial". They put up with me for a little while, hoping things would get better - but they didn't - at least until they booted me out and caused me to take responsibility for my own actions despite my manipulative ways.

FORT Fan

Last nights episode had me stunned. I neve expected him to die like that and I think it was the first time watching this show I actually cried.

Dang it I actually missed the episode because I was watching Big Brother After Dark! I hate myself for that. I wanted to see it. Argh
    Yup, with donuts!!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I'm sure it will be on again, bug. They tend to show these shows several times.

And Mikesgal - yeah - that ending floored me. No tears, but pure shock.

My father died from esophageal cancer on Thanksgiving 08, and I didnt expect the ending of this episode at all. Very very sad.

I'm sorry about your Dad, Ownlyanangel20. That must have been hard for you to watch the end of the episode.

I was glad he was able to be a father to his kids even if it was only for a short while.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3572503;
    Last nights episode had me stunned. I neve expected him to die like that and I think it was the first time watching this show I actually cried.
    Me too. OMG, this was the saddest epi I have ever seen and I have seen ALLOT of them. The kids had me in tears. The whole show had me in tears. I love when Bret's son, Kyle said at the end "my Dad did not die an alcoholic, he died a Dad".....

Prayers and hugs to you, Ownlyanangel20, this epi had to have been very sad indeed for you.

Bret was sober for 80 days before his death.

that last episode was so hard for me to watch. that ius soooooooo my dad. he has allowed alcohol to ravage him - mind, body, and soul. then to see that the guy died. wow. i was so upset last after watching this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3572503;

i think he was sober 123 days or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3575665;

Bret was sober for 80 days before his death.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3575851;
    i think he was sober 123 days or something like that.
    He was sober for 80 days when diagnosed, he died 24 days later after beginning treatment for the cancer. They said three weeks but I saw the number 104 pop up on the screen and his family said they were at least happy that he died sober.

+ Reply to Thread