+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Intervention (A&E)

Oh my, that was torture to watch, in fact I had to turn it off. Did she get help?

She went to treatment but checked out early. They say she isn't taking the methedone anymore but I'm sure she is still on all of the other medications. It's really a bummer.
    Yup, with donuts!!

yeah, she left treatment after 23 days . . . . her boyfriend paid for her plane ticket home.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3549191;
    She went to treatment but checked out early. They say she isn't taking the methedone anymore but I'm sure she is still on all of the other medications. It's really a bummer.

It's sad that her BF is such an enabler for her.

Did anyone see the episode (I think last week) with the woman who was feeding herself through a feeding tube that was regularly getting infected and chewing up food and spitting it into a cup?? That was seriously disturbing. I hope when she is well she actually wants to take part in her daughters' lives. I thought the way she ignored them was very sad, especially for the older one who was obviously already very angry with her mom.

i think the feeding tube ep was the worst thing i've ever seen on tv. i am not at all squeamish and it made me turn my head.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3549452;

Did anyone see the episode (I think last week) with the woman who was feeding herself through a feeding tube that was regularly getting infected and chewing up food and spitting it into a cup?? That was seriously disturbing. I hope when she is well she actually wants to take part in her daughters' lives. I thought the way she ignored them was very sad, especially for the older one who was obviously already very angry with her mom.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3551940 View Post
    i think the feeding tube ep was the worst thing i've ever seen on tv. i am not at all squeamish and it made me turn my head.
    I couldn't agree more.

I saw it the first time it was on so studiously avoided the repeat. Completely, utterly disgusting. I wouldn't have tolerated that behavior, especially around children.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3549452;

That was so disgusting watching her spit the food into those cups. Yuck.

How could her doctors, parents, husband, etc... have let this go on for years? She had that feeding tube in for 14 years or maybe longer. She should have been forced to get mental health treatment for this after she was molested and then stopped eating, drinking, swallowing. Instead they just inserted the feeding tube, and pretended that everything was perfectly fine. Very sad.

yeah, as soon as i saw that was the ep coming on, i deleted it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3553419;
    I couldn't agree more.

I saw it the first time it was on so studiously avoided the repeat. Completely, utterly disgusting. I wouldn't have tolerated that behavior, especially around children.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I'm really surprised at the level of denial of these families. I can't imagine giving my child money for drugs, letting them stay in my house - while they are stealing from me, and dragging all kinds of low-life losers into my home. I've told both my kids that will not happen here. I'll feed you, period. If you got yourself into a situation where you are homeless - you can stay that way until you figure out a way to get shelter. Further, I will NOT pay for your drugs. (And why do all of these kids have cell phones and brand new cars??)

I've also told them if they do something stupid - I'm not the one you call for bail money (depending on the charge, that is).

I love my kids with all my heart - but they are both adults and I expect them to take responsibility for their own lives.

Whew - glad I got that off my chest.

FORT Fan

I'm really surprised at the level of denial of these families. I can't imagine giving my child money for drugs, letting them stay in my house - while they are stealing from me, and dragging all kinds of low-life losers into my home. I've told both my kids that will not happen here. I'll feed you, period. If you got yourself into a situation where you are homeless - you can stay that way until you figure out a way to get shelter. Further, I will NOT pay for your drugs. (And why do all of these kids have cell phones and brand new cars??)

I've also told them if they do something stupid - I'm not the one you call for bail money (depending on the charge, that is).

I love my kids with all my heart - but they are both adults and I expect them to take responsibility for their own lives.

Whew - glad I got that off my chest.

I think the reason they do it while filming is so they can keep them safe until the intervention, and giving them money for drugs, etc. will keep them around. Many times the parents have tried to stop them and stopped giving them money, but then they are faced with not knowing where the kid is, how are they getting money, and the parents are powerless to stand up for themselves. Drug users are pretty good manipulators, and can certainly tug on the heart strings- especially of parents- when they need to.

+ Reply to Thread