+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

man, that scene was horrible.

i had a feeling the mom was using tho.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3315329;
    I'm glad that so far Angelina and her mom are both doing well. That part when they were fighting was hectic! And the mom ended up not even having the drugs.

The physical difference from addiction to rehab is amazing. Both the mother and daughter looked wonderful. Let's hope the family continues to heal.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Tonight's episode was a little different in that the addict's gay relationship was accepted by the dad. The addict, Chris, was a "poor little me" type who alienated his family at every turn.

Hopefully, his recovery will continue. The couple is planning a commitment ceremony. Good luck to both!
    ~~~~

I was glad that Chris realized that his alcoholism, not his being gay, was what was alienating him from his family. I was also happy to see that his partner was going to Al-Anon meetings. I wish them the best.

This week's episode was about gambling. It profiled women with children who were addicted. They weren't confronted with an intervention. It was about the consequences of their habit that was profiled. Interesting fact was the addictions weren't revealed in their personalities until local gambling was approved, or already easily available.
    ~~~~

What night do new episodes air?

Also it seems that Intervention used to always be on the air late night, but now they just air Forensic Files and The Last 48. Disappointing - I enjoyed catching re-runs of Intervention at odd hours.

Quote Originally Posted by GracieJardine;3349251;
    What night do new episodes air?

Also it seems that Intervention used to always be on the air late night, but now they just air Forensic Files and The Last 48. Disappointing - I enjoyed catching re-runs of Intervention at odd hours.
    Where I am, Intervention airs on Monday evenings. First there's a rerun and then the new episode runs. I've never seen Intervention aired at other times/days. I would imagine the web site has the scheduled times in your area.
    ~~~~

the woman beating herself was disturbing.

I used to be a cutter so I could totally relate to where she was coming from. You have to remove yourself from all major triggers. I really hope she did divorce her husband because he was just an ass to the 10th degree!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I agree with buglover. That dude was into some serious head games. I hope that the self-harming woman (I forget her name already, darn short term memory) gets into some long term counseling for her sexual abuse history. It would definitely help her with triggers and coping skills.

+ Reply to Thread