+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

The Pam episode was a repeat, I'm almost positive.

There was only one other update, the former meth addict/track and field athlete. She was clean 8 months when they filmed her, and she was training again. She tried out for the '08 Olympics, but didn't qualify. She continued to train and compete though. She went home for her mother's marriage, and saw her ex-girlfriend. Her dad was still unaccepting of her being gay (And still an ass imho. Being homosexual is a sin, but leaving your wife for another wife is OK, such a hypocrite). She realized her family may never accept her being with a woman, but she has to learn to accept them for what they are.

Thanks for the info, Trixie. I think I got the lady's name wrong, too, as Pam was the daughter for whom the episode was about and her mom was the one with 6 kids with 6 different dads. The mom said something about losing one child, but I can't remember what happened to that "lost" child.

I'm glad to hear the athlete is doing okay. Her dad is not a nice person, and that's putting it mildly.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3276780;
    Thanks for the info, Trixie. I think I got the lady's name wrong, too, as Pam was the daughter for whom the episode was about and her mom was the one with 6 kids with 6 different dads. The mom said something about losing one child, but I can't remember what happened to that "lost" child.

Pam had a sister who died because of complications related to alcoholism.
    The episode was a repeat. It originally aired sometime in late 2007 or early 2008.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thank you, Holly, for that information. I didn't start watching Intervention until last year. The website only has video updates and they don't always work.
    ~~~~

You're welcome! When I record things, my DVR shows what the original airdate was, which comes in handy sometimes!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Is the story of Anthony, whose brother died at 17 from cancer, a repeat? It's on tonight but I don't recognize the family. His dad was abusive and his mom is a drunk. Anthony is an alcoholic and he's on his way to the hospital midway through the episode.
    ~~~~

I think it was new. That poor kid has so far to go. It's not just his addiction, it's his wanting to be dead because he couldn't save his brother. My heart was breaking during the entire episode. He drank hand sanitizer in the hospital because it's made from alcohol. That is a person who wants to die.
    Yup, with donuts!!

There's a homeless person who always comes into the ER I work in and we have to hide the hand sanitizer from him or he'll steal the dispensers right off the desks. He's had six "incidents" since the beginning of January (mostly suicide threats). I don't know if it's possible to fix a hardcore alcoholic like that. At least Anthony had people around who cared about him, though that mother was a trainwreck. What happened to him, anyway? I missed the last bit of the show after he was taken to the hospital. Did he go to rehab?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

He went to rehab and they showed him after 2 months. He looked well and had a little bit of a gleam in his eyes. His counselor thought he was well enough to look for work while continuing his stay in rehab. The mom continues to drink but the family says she drinks less. She clearly never wanted help in the first place. Normally they ask someone who is that close to the addict to go to treatment as well. I wonder why it wasn't extended to her.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Anthony looked really good after he got sober. He's been clean since Sept. 2008. Let's pray he makes it. I was curious why they didn't offer rehab to the mom, too. Perhaps she told the producers not to bother.
    ~~~~

+ Reply to Thread