+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 69 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3267048;
    I had quit watching this show because I found it too depressing. But I did watch about the diabetic young man because the story line was listed in the TV guide. How sad, sad, sad. But he did seem to turn things around, and I hope that will continue.

Sure hope he can get some actual friends instead of the deadbeats who stood him up at the restaurant. I didn't understand why he doesn't seem to have a permanent job. Seems like that would be an 'achor' for him and get him moving. He's unlikely to meet anyone hiding out at home.
    As I mentioned in my previous post, I know someone exactly like John in this story. It's easy for us to tell a boy like this to go out and meet new people or to wonder why the parents don't get him involved in more programs or activities. Boys like John have difficulty even going to a movie with a family member, let alone with new people. It's very hard to explain or understand unless you've "been there, done that." I empathize with the parents and their son.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3267739;
    As I mentioned in my previous post, I know someone exactly like John in this story. It's easy for us to tell a boy like this to go out and meet new people or to wonder why the parents don't get him involved in more programs or activities. Boys like John have difficulty even going to a movie with a family member, let alone with new people. It's very hard to explain or understand unless you've "been there, done that." I empathize with the parents and their son.

While I fortunately did/do not have diabetes I am very very introverted and do not like meeting people or doing things outside my comfort level. I go to work, go home, do my shopping etc., and do not have a "circle" of friends. I have one best friend (other than those of you here) and I have no desire to change this for reasons that even I cannot explain. I know where John is coming from to an extent.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

I get where he is coming from to an extent too. But we're not harming ourselves either. And I think he does have the desire to change it.....he wants friends.

John definitely wants friends. He's painfully lonely.

I was wondering if anyone watched the episode afterward? I fell asleep during the first part. I remember that young man addicted to Oxycotin and one of the follow-ups where he was before a judge. However, I can't remember if he went to jail or back to rehab for a second or third attempt to get clean.

I was hoping to see how Hubert was doing now. He seemed to be a fan favorite during the "reunion" show. The episode's promo didnt' sound too encouraging. I hope he's still sober.
    ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3267842;
    John definitely wants friends. He's painfully lonely.

I was wondering if anyone watched the episode afterward? I fell asleep during the first part. I remember that young man addicted to Oxycotin and one of the follow-ups where he was before a judge. However, I can't remember if he went to jail or back to rehab for a second or third attempt to get clean.

I was hoping to see how Hubert was doing now. He seemed to be a fan favorite during the "reunion" show. The episode's promo didnt' sound too encouraging. I hope he's still sober.
    I thought this was a rerun of that same show, so I didn't watch it. dang!

Hubert was living at a Sober Living and working with his brother n law. He was sober and doing really well. So happy about that!

I am so happy for Hubert's recovery. I was also impressed with his street friend who knew that he would have to stay away from Hubert if Hubert was to stay sober. CONGRATULATIONS HUBERT! Jeff really tore at my heart strings. He was one of the saddest boys I've seen on Intervention. I hope that the way he was at the end was not just put on for the cameras. I knew a boy like him in high school. He was painfully shy and bullied by so many kids. He used to eat alone in the cafeteria and one day I sat down at his table and when I looked up, a tear was running down his cheek. Sometimes it takes so little to make someone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3268070;
    Hubert was living at a Sober Living and working with his brother n law. He was sober and doing really well. So happy about that!
    Oh so this was the rerun.. good. I wish Hubert the best.

I don't know. I guess so?!? It was new to me!

Rats! I missed the recap episode. Did anyone watch it tonight? It showcased three prior stories, one of whom was the overeater. I saw the tail end of the episode and he's doing great. His singing voice was terrific. The other two were of the female gay athlete from farming community and I think the last story was about the Latino man who was a singer before the addiction set in. He and his sister had beautiful singing voices. I hope they're all doing as well as the overeater.

There's an episode on now that is about Pam who had 6 kids from 6 different fathers and all but one are addicts of some sort. I've never seen this story, so please let me know if it's a repeat.
    Last edited by roses4me; 01-13-2009 at 01:06 AM. Reason: added stuff
    ~~~~

+ Reply to Thread