+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Nicole, Melrose, & Claire Erin_go_bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Thanks! Y'all are always so nice to me. I just wanted to share my experience with you here to show that as bad as these poor kids look, they do stand a good chance for recovery. I figure if I can do it, and stick to it, anyone can. (I'm not the strongest person out there when it comes to willpower.) However, I have removed myself from the situation, even from the city where I experienced my downfall. I think that is one important step. And after all these years, I don't have any intention or desire to go back. Besides, I'm a grandma now, and that is the best high anyone could ever experience. Who would want to mess that up?
    Wow! Thanks for your testimony. I watch this show and am so saddened by the stories. Anyone else feel like crying at some of the stuff? I found the actress/ shop-a-holic and the presidential intern/ druggie especially poignant for me. Because I don't have an addiction, but I do things to the extreme. And I could sort of see myself losing control someday. It's so horribly sad. But I'm glad they're willing to share their stories.

The thing about the White House intern I found the saddest, was her poor father's suffering, and then she's stealing his meds. You'd think he'd be thrilled at the thought of her getting clean, but he seemed to want to derail the whole process.

I saw her on Oprah the other day, though, and she's still doing really good. She looked healthy and beautiful, too.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Dont wanna be fatesealed! meeka6's Avatar
    I saw her that Oprah before I caught the intervention. Ive been hesitant about watching due to my own past drug related problems...but I can say...its all so real. And yes she looked beautiful. Im so glad to see her successfully sober One Day At A Time

Did anyone watch it last night? That guy was a little loopy. I somehow knew that the treatment wouldn't work for him. I can't imagine getting that involved in gaming and spending almost all day every day doing it. How is he going to support himself in years to come? I wonder why the mother felt she had to leave in order to go back to school? My mom had 3 young kids when she went back to college. She held a job, took care of us and got her degree.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by meeka6
    I saw her that Oprah before I caught the intervention. Ive been hesitant about watching due to my own past drug related problems...but I can say...its all so real. And yes she looked beautiful. Im so glad to see her successfully sober One Day At A Time

I was hesitant too. At first. And for the same reason you have been. But watching these success stories has given me hope. After hearing about so many tragedies and so many people who just can't get clean, it's nice to know some people have loving families and friends that are willing and eager to help others.

I watched that Oprah show, too. I was hoping to see the gambling brat on there - he claims to have stopped.... Yeah, right. Cynical? Me?

I don't know about the video game "addict". I'd classify that more as an obsession, myself. Although he did need psychological help - I don't think rehab is the right place for him.

Note: I'm not an expert, I just play one on Fort.

Did anyone watch the last one? I wanted to throttle that woman! It's obvious her husband was way too good for her. Really great to take your toddler son to the race track. Why the #$@ couldn't she get a job instead of sitting at home blowing her husbands hard earned($100,000 a year, mind you) money on Vicodin, bingo and gambling? Great role model. She also pawned her wedding ring 15 times and her husband got it out of pawn each time. Love really is blind. I have big doubts about her treatment being successful.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl
    Did anyone watch the last one? I wanted to throttle that woman! It's obvious her husband was way too good for her. Really great to take your toddler son to the race track. Why the #$@ couldn't she get a job instead of sitting at home blowing her husbands hard earned($100,000 a year, mind you) money on Vicodin, bingo and gambling? Great role model. She also pawned her wedding ring 15 times and her husband got it out of pawn each time. Love really is blind. I have big doubts about her treatment being successful.

Talk about denial, eh? (The husband I mean.) And an enabler. And not a very good dad, letting her drive that little boy around with her as stoned as she is all the time. I wonder if he was surprised when he saw the show. Ah, the life of a drug addict. Pretty, huh.

I remember you and I talking about that, JD.

One of the big problems with these addicted people on Intervention, is that they are surrounded with big-time enablers.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Quote Originally Posted by BlondieGirl
    I remember you and I talking about that, JD.

One of the big problems with these addicted people on Intervention, is that they are surrounded with big-time enablers.
    No doubt! I had missed the first airing of the Alissa story -- the gambler who refused to go to treatment -- but I caught it last night. Man, that lady and her family. I could have smacked every single one of them. Doesn't get a job because she'll just end up spending the money. What a crock! I mean, I have a job and I spend the money that I earn. Secret is... I don't waste it on gambling. And, hey, just the mere fact that I have a job takes away a lot of "down time" and I don't really have the time to gamble. It would seem she would kill two birds with one stone just by getting a job. And that boyfriend! He LEFT the intervention with her. What on earth does he expect her to do? I think this girl irritated me more than that Gabe guy that was on earlier... and that is saying A LOT!

Whew... I feel much better now. As soon as I got done watching the show last night, I darn near logged on just to rant on the FoRT. I needed to vent! Thanks for listening.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

Realornot, I do that all the time. I'll watch one of these shows - Intervention gets me most riled up - and I come in here and vent. Sometimes if I could just reach my foot into the tv and boot some of these people in the butt I would. But since I can't, here I am, ranting about the idiots.

If one of my kids tried to use that "if I get a job...." line on me....holy moly would I let loose. She totally lives in a fantasy world - she's just one jackpot away from happiness.

+ Reply to Thread