+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 69 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Win Together, Die Alone JustJuls's Avatar

Re: Intervention (A&E)

It was just painful to watch.....and quite disgusting at times too. Not only was just the fact of eating through the feeding tube gross but it was dirty and infected ....and she KNEW it! She definitely didn't seem like she wanted to change and she didn't really seem that upset about her daughters. "Its a pain being a mother....you have to get up and feed them lunch!" I'm sure she wishes they had feeding tubes too. I feel extremely bad for her for what happened to her as a child and the fact that she still runs into her molester at times. But she's let him win and control her life. I mean 14 years of not swallowing!!!! I can't imagine! Those spit cups were disgusting. I wouldn't let her do that in public....no way! I hope somehow she gets help.....because she REALLY needs it!!!

Last night's episode was just heartbreaking. The amount of pain this family has gone through.......... I was barely able to watch. They all need serious help because the daughter is their drug in a way. Her fiance constantly bailing her out of trouble in crack houses and the mom wanting to kill herself and her daughter to end all of the pain. I was an emotional wreck.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I found myself just feeling angry during the whole episode. Brittany knew she could get away with absolutely anything because her mother didn't want her to end up like the daughter who was abducted and murdered. Her boyfriend drove her to crack houses and knew she was prostituting herself for drug money. The whole family was enabling her ridiculous behavior. The only one who could see things clearly was the older sister and she was tired of Brittany's childish and selfish behavior. I wasn't surprised that Brittany left treatment. She was a brat.

And the comment about the mother blowing off Brittany's head and then her own? Uh yeah, she needs some therapy big time. Who says that?
    Wake up and be awesome

I couldn't BELIEVE she said that!!! Talk about bizarre! She definitely needed therapy.

I didn't think Brittany was going to go to rehab....so I was surprised that she even went. And I'm sure her mom was even happy she came home. They seemed totally dependent on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3260151;
    I couldn't BELIEVE she said that!!! Talk about bizarre! She definitely needed therapy.

I didn't think Brittany was going to go to rehab....so I was surprised that she even went. And I'm sure her mom was even happy she came home. They seemed totally dependent on each other.
    Her mother helps put the FUN in dysfunction.

I really felt for her mother. Yes, she's definitely an enabler, but dang - what she had to go through - you almost can't blame her.

She needs some serious therapy and I hope she gets it. I'm surprised after living in her bedroom for six months after her daughter's murder, that her husband didn't force her to get some then.

The fiance's an idiot. And if anyone believes she really did a methadone program, then they must be named Dillon.

People get hooked on methadone very quickly. She'll just keep using that as her drug of choice.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Tonight's episode is heartbreaking. This young man is a diabetic and painfully alone. His mom has MS to add to the family's burden. I know a boy just like him and it's so painful to watch someone be alone not by choice, but by circumstance.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

VERY heartbreaking! I really felt for him being alone all the time with just his parents (and extended family) in his life. He was just flirting with disaster though and needed something to want to live for. Take him out...the movies, go play pool, golf, bowling...ANYTHING.

Its a shame that he got booted from treatment but it seemed to do the trick anyway. I love that he's there to help out his mom more and that he & his dad have gotten closer.

FORT Fanatic

I had quit watching this show because I found it too depressing. But I did watch about the diabetic young man because the story line was listed in the TV guide. How sad, sad, sad. But he did seem to turn things around, and I hope that will continue.

Sure hope he can get some actual friends instead of the deadbeats who stood him up at the restaurant. I didn't understand why he doesn't seem to have a permanent job. Seems like that would be an 'achor' for him and get him moving. He's unlikely to meet anyone hiding out at home.

+ Reply to Thread