+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Re: Intervention (A&E)

She was a mess! I think that was one of the worst I've seen on this show. I didn't think she was going to go to Rehab. I felt so bad for her children. The one daughter didn't even say a word. It looked as if she was completely emotionless towards her mom. I would imagine that at that age (early teens) that you would try to block it out. I'm so glad she got help and is sober. She looked great!
    Last edited by JustJuls; 12-16-2008 at 09:06 PM.

She was a piece of work that one. I hope she makes it past the 4 months.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

She drank a box of wine if not more a day. Holy crap! I could never drink that much........that's over 5 liters of wine!!! I really hope she makes it but I am not counting on it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Oh my goodness! The woman last night had me shaking my head. She's been feeding herself through a tube that goes directly into her stomach for years. She chews food for the flavor and then spits it into a cup. She completed treatment and moved back home but still continues to feed herself through this tube which she doesn't clean right and gets infections from. Wow!
    Yup, with donuts!!

That was utterly revolting. About halfway through the show, when she was at the picnic, my husband turned green and said, "They have to stop showing her do that".

I understand that they couldn't just yank out her tube when she first went to treatment, but if she's gained 25 pounds and is now eating why does she still have it? I hope she's a little less self-absorbed after some treatment. She sure is going to reap what she sows once that older daughter of hers is a few years older.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I have to wonder what doctor would install something like that! Clearly she needed help when she got that feeding tube!
    Yup, with donuts!!

She wasn't starving herself because she was anorexic. She couldn't swallow because of the trauma of her sexual abuse. They're different medical conditions, but a feeding tube can be used for both situations. When the doctors installed the tube, they told her family that it wasn't a permanent solution. Because Nicole never dealt with her dysphagia (trouble swallowing) she never had her tube removed.

I can understand how frustrating it must have been for her family because she kept leaving treatment and therapy. But it also had to be hard for Nicole living in the same neighborhood and still seeing her abuser. I hope she continues to receive treatment for her dysphagia and sexual abuse, her girls deserve a better mom.

Was it a neighbor who abused her? I missed the part where they talked about it. I came in about 15 minutes late.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Apparently Nicole was friends with the man's daughter and eventually the two sets of parents became friendly as well. I must say that Nicole's father's attitude towards prosecuting the offender was puzzling for someone in law enforcement. My guess is that he didn't believe her at first.

Her dysphagia was not related to a medical condition, which is why I can't understand why her feeding tube hasn't been removed at this point. My understanding is that feeding tubes are inserted when the individual has a severe eating disorder, and it's only to ensure the person gets adequate nutrition and build them up physically in order to save his/her life. Nicole is abusing the tube - she poured coffee into it at the picnic. That's not what a feeding tube is meant for and that's why I question allowing her to continue using it.

I was getting really frustrated watching her story. While I understand that it's not helpful to tell someone to "just get over it", Nicole didn't seem the least bit interested in trying to help herself. I agree 100% with the therapist who said that she's comfortable in her "victim" role. Move out of the neighbourhood. Get your ass up off the couch and away from the computer and go to counselling. Someone in her family should also be alerting her various doctors that she's abusing pain medication so they won't write her any more prescriptions, and threaten to report the physicians involved to their licensing boards if they continue to give her drugs.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

i agree with AJane's whole post. in all honesty, nicole annoyed me. and i get why her dad told her to get over it already. i think he meant take some proactive steps to get your mind right.

she was relishing in being a victim. sitting for hours outside the molester's house????

+ Reply to Thread