+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;3220870;
    I came home during the last few minutes but when did Bill Kurtis start narrating? Were they using him instead of making you read everything? I hope so. I always miss things cause I get distracted and look away.
    I started laughing when I read this (not that I don't love some Bill Kurtis, but the way VanJagSol wrote it), until I read buglover's explanation. In that respect it makes sense.

ETA I just saw John for the first time last night. Talk about someone who really seemed to want to quit but needed the drugs to block the pain & guilt, but couldn't even if he tried. I am so glad he's made it and that he recognized he couldn't go home initially. I'm glad for Paul's family that they didn't lose another "brother & son".

I finally saw the "Lawrence" episode that re-ran the other night.

Wow, talk about someone in denial. When they showed the photos of him as a child through his 20's, I was amazed at what a good-looking guy he used to be. How could he take one look at himself in a mirror & not see how the alcohol had ravaged his body? (the denial, I know) Even when Jeff showed him a photo of how he used to look, he tried to say the only difference was his hair! He still refused to believe he was a shadow of what he once was. He also seemed like he was not all there anymore, mentally.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Okay, I just saw Allison again, and is it wrong of me to want her to fail? I just do not and cannot find anything redeeming about this girl.

Even as much as I can't stand Sandra, I felt a twinge of sadness for her because of her horrid mother. But Allison? It actually depressed me to see the BSOJ say that she's continuing her sobriety. How bad am I for thinking that way?

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3224318;
    Okay, I just saw Allison again, and is it wrong of me to want her to fail? I just do not and cannot find anything redeeming about this girl.
    Even as much as I can't stand Sandra, I felt a twinge of sadness for her because of her horrid mother. But Allison? It actually depressed me to see the BSOJ say that she's continuing her sobriety. How bad am I for thinking that way?
    I think I was having the same feelings as you. I believe that Allison is a user and uses others to get what she wants all the time. While I feel badly that she was molested as a child, there are others who are in the same situation and have not become addicts who come right out and say something to the effect "If I kill someone while I am going for drugs - so what?"
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm watching Annie with 2 eating disorders on tonight's show (Nov. 3). Someone interviewed on her behalf has been on this show herself with an eating disorder. This Allison's parents are in denial she's sick and refuse to help. Apparently they've held her to such high standards, everything she tried ended in failure in their eyes. No wonder she's so ill.

I look at her body, however, and I don't see any bones protruding. Her boyfriend is saying although she doesn't look sick, she is.

This is one sad episode. I know they all are, but without parental support, it's doubly sad.
    Last edited by roses4me; 11-04-2008 at 12:36 AM. Reason: changed name
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

It's even worse finding out that Charles is back on the streets & using again. He & Dan are the only two I felt any compassion for this season. (The alcoholic parents weren't bad either I guess - but boring.)

The next episode is supposed to show a couple who are alcoholics and are in denial. I believe this is the first 2-fer and I'm praying it works.
    ~~~~

The shows airing now are re-runs. New episodes start 12/15/08

Monday's new episode is going to be about a mother/wife who drinks at least a gallon of wine each day! How many bottles does that amount to? I can easily put away 1/2 a bottle of wine if I'm not careful.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I can barely drink half a small glass of wine. This lady drank several bottles? Ick. For a while, it seemed she wouldn't go to rehab. I've never heard an addict tell the interventionist "I don't like you!" Thank heaven she's sober now. Let's pray it lasts.
    ~~~~

+ Reply to Thread