+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 69 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

I'm relieved tonight's episode is about an OCD case. So many people live in hiding with this. I just pray the man in tonight's show gets help.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

He got help and is doing so much better. I'm saddened by Jenny being pregnant and although she got off the drugs for her pregnancy, I truly feel she will go right back on them again once the baby is born.
    Yup, with donuts!!

^Yes, I'm afraid, too, that Jenny will go back to the drugs if she doesn't get serious about cleaning up her act because of the baby. I pray the baby won't be born addicted.

The OCD episode was so depressing in that one of his daughters kept saying she was dad's favorite. How does she know that? I always joke that I'm the favorite, but I know my parents really treated us all alike. I'm relieved the dad is getting better. As a sufferer myself, it takes a lot of support and meds to get past this disease.
    ~~~~

I saw one of the former "Intervention" patients and I'm not allowed to say who or where; but y'all keep up the prayers and well wishes for the addict. The lovely girl I saw had been sober quite some time and was really a treat. I love it when someone gets well! YAY! Have a great day!
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

Quote Originally Posted by Jesper;3187664;
    I saw one of the former "Intervention" patients and I'm not allowed to say who or where; but y'all keep up the prayers and well wishes for the addict. The lovely girl I saw had been sober quite some time and was really a treat. I love it when someone gets well! YAY! Have a great day!

Well can you at least tell us how long ago she was on the show & what her addiction was?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I guess she was on about a year ago and they sent her to a recovery center in San Juan Capistrano/Capistrano by the Sea...and alcohol was her drug of choice. I don't recall where her hometown is, but she has stayed in S. Cal. Hope that helps (I only watch the show sporadically, so I don't know much about the sequence, etc., since I catch a lot of reruns).
    "The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool."
    ~ Touchstone; As You Like It

I knew there was an upcoming episode with updates!

Did Jeff say he fell off the wagon six months ago?! Woah, that one surprises me. Ken & Candy wouldn't, but Jeff does.

^ I'm halfway through this episode and I'm surprised to learn that the three interventionists are all recovering addicts of some kind. Dillon's story is on now. He was the one from Season 3 who ran away from the cops and his family. More later.....

Dillon left rehab and his mom isn't convinced, nor are the counselors, that he's sober. He doesn't look it. Dillon's mom went to get help with Al-Alon and Betty Ford.

All the ones they interviewed tonight are doing really well.
    Last edited by roses4me; 09-09-2008 at 12:57 AM. Reason: added more
    ~~~~

It surprised me about Jeff also, and Dillon is NOT in recovery and I don't buy all that it's between me & God bull****. He thinks he is fooling people, the only one being fooled is himself.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3193211;
    It surprised me about Jeff also, and Dillon is NOT in recovery and I don't buy all that it's between me & God bull****. He thinks he is fooling people, the only one being fooled is himself.
    Is Jeff one of the counselors? I missed that.

I was so happy Hubert and the others are doing so well. God bless them all.
    ~~~~

+ Reply to Thread