+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 69 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

That had to be the most disturbing one so far. I felt so bad for her and so angry with the man who kept supplying her with money and shelter.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I didn't feel bad for her at all.

She kept mentally & emotionally abusing her family. "I need a mommy!" "I need a daddy!" Waahhhh And blaming her mother over and over for things beyond her mother's control (i.e. the father's family abandoning them, as well as the father). And then "holding court" in the lobby of the hotel so that people could come out and be dismissed by 'Queen Baby'. Pulleeze!

IMHO she was utterly responsible for her behavior since using the drugs and she even stated she didn't care if she took someone else out in order to get them. I got the vibe from Jeff that he could care less and was over her & her attitude in a minute. He didn't even try very hard. (Not blaming him for that.)

Very good observations, hutch, about the childish behavior of the huffer. She got on my nerves.

That night another episode was on about this Italian-American family who had a drunk mother. After rehab, she looked so much better. I hope this family continues on the road to recovery.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Newbie

True, true, the mentally ill can be pretty annoying. That huffer was the poster girl for annoying.

I know what you mean about the Italian-American mom. She cleaned up really well. Once she was sober, her beauty shined through. I was really happy to see that result.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I agree that the huffing was a very disturbing episode. I almost didn't feel sorry for her though because the same thing (molestation) happened to her sister and you didn't see her sister huffing and cutting herself. She had a really scary and crazy look in her eye the entire time and her voice was odd too. I can't imagine having a bottle glued to your hand at all hours of the day just so you could suck from it. The sugar daddy thing was bizarre too. She claims they only kiss. Yeah right.
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3164903;
    I agree that the huffing was a very disturbing episode. I almost didn't feel sorry for her though because the same thing (molestation) happened to her sister and you didn't see her sister huffing and cutting herself. She had a really scary and crazy look in her eye the entire time and her voice was odd too. I can't imagine having a bottle glued to your hand at all hours of the day just so you could suck from it. The sugar daddy thing was bizarre too. She claims they only kiss. Yeah right.
    That's some expensive kissing he's paying for!!
    I cannot look at a bottle of computer duster now at the office without wondering if the person who sits there is huffing it....... my mind is altered forever now.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Did anyone watch tonight's episode? It was about a former singer named Phillip. He got sober and sang a song to his daughter. His sister's voice was equally beautiful. So much talent in one family destroyed by alcohol and abuse in childhood. At least he's sober now.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

^ I watched it! I wonder how old his daughter is. She looks no more than 14, but she was very mature in the way she spoke & expressed herself. She seems like a great kid.
    I was glad he got cleaned up at the end. He looked so much better. He had a sparkle in his eyes, his skin looked better, he didn't have the bloat...I hope he never goes back to drinking, not only for his own well-being, but for his daughter's sake.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I really loved that guy! My husband is the oldest in a latino family and he really is the one everyone goes to for most things. His parents go to him to keep the other 4 in line while he still attempts to fix issues in our life. It's really tough. I'm glad that Phillip got clean and seems to be doing very well.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Didn't watch this week, but I saw a commercial that said next week is an Obsessive-Compulsive disorder. I think we need a break from all the alcohol & drug & huffing addicts.

+ Reply to Thread