+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 69 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

Tonight I'm watching Asa's story. I'm not sure if this is a repeat. He's gay, bulimic (sp?), and an alcoholic. The cameras showed his barfing. That was gross. I hope the episode shows he gets help.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I missed the last 10 minutes of the Asa episode last night due to relatives arriving from out of town. Can anyone update me on whether he agreed to go to treatment and whether he was still clean at the follow-up date? I hate missing the end of a show!

Thanks much!
    Emily

Quote Originally Posted by reality_emily;3148490;
    I missed the last 10 minutes of the Asa episode last night due to relatives arriving from out of town. Can anyone update me on whether he agreed to go to treatment and whether he was still clean at the follow-up date? I hate missing the end of a show!

Thanks much!
    Emily
    Asa went to rehab after denouncing (and finally accepting) his family and friends. The counselor convinced him to go and after 3 months there, he's sober and doing much better with the bulimia. This place where he went specialized in eating disorders and alcoholism. What are the odds of finding such a combo? Asa looked fabulous. He's now in a sober living facility.

He was pretty pathetic up until the time he got sober. I hope he stays sober for the rest of his life. He's lucky he still has one!
    ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3148739;
    Asa went to rehab after denouncing (and finally accepting) his family and friends. The counselor convinced him to go and after 3 months there, he's sober and doing much better with the bulimia. This place where he went specialized in eating disorders and alcoholism. What are the odds of finding such a combo? Asa looked fabulous. He's now in a sober living facility.

He was pretty pathetic up until the time he got sober. I hope he stays sober for the rest of his life. He's lucky he still has one!
    Thanks so much for the update, roses!

Okay, so I moved to Chicago last weekend and haven't had DirectTV since several Thursday's ago. We got it now, but Have I missed the reunion? (I still don't have internet, but I can get on the library now)

I'm watching Tim's story right now online. I hadn't seen this one. He's a musician using crack and is incredibly talented. It's so sad to see how much someone loves their drugs instead of the person in front of them.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Hutchlover, to which reunion are you referring? There was one on Design Star?

Tonight I've watched 2 episodes that I've never seen before. The first one was a boy from Oklahoma who was seriously bipolar and a meth addict. Apparently he's clean and sober now.

The second episode is of a former body builder from Canada. His name is Derek. It's still on, so I don't know how it's going to go. He says he doesn't feel love for his family. He loved his wife, but she left him and moved on. He has a "girlfriend" who looks after him at his house. She reminds me of the guy who owned a lot of tanning salons. He also had a girl who helped him around the house.

Derek's sobriety only lasted 3 months. He got kicked out of treatment for drinking. The update said he's attending AA but still drinking.
    Last edited by roses4me; 08-05-2008 at 01:01 AM.
    ~~~~

Derek's story was so sad. He went to treatment and seemed to be doing great when they filmed him (had been off booze for 90 days), but just a couple of days after that was filmed, he went on a bender and left treatment. The final update was that he was back home, Michelle (I think it was) was still living with him (which she said she would NOT do if he didn't get clean). He was going to AA meetings but still drinking, which makes little sense to me. I fear for this guy's life. I guess he just didn't see anything to live for....sad. I wonder if his entire family was still enabling him (buying him booze etc.)?

Emily

That sucks that Derek was unable to stay sober. He really is in need of medical help along with psychological help. Michelle needed to leave him but she herself admitted she tends to take care of those around her with addictions.
    Yup, with donuts!!

roses, wasn't there supposed to be a reunion this season? I read somewhere where Hubert was going to be one of the participants. I don't remember any of the others, I think there were four or five former addicts.

Hopefully I'll have my internet back tomorrow. Stupid AT&T!

+ Reply to Thread