+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3132686;
    Didn't she look so much better sober? The difference was amazing. I'm not sure how I feel about her. She sure isn't as bad as Sandra, but I don't have the same level of sympathy as Charles. And even with his bad habits, she clearly missed her husband (or what he could do for her).
    I was telling my DH how fabulous she looked sober! What a beautiful woman with such a bright spirit! Her eyes had so much life behind them.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3132963;
    I was telling my DH how fabulous she looked sober! What a beautiful woman with such a bright spirit! Her eyes had so much life behind them.
    My DVR always cuts out the last 30 seconds or so of this show, and I was wondering if it explained why she moved to Alabama? That was the last shot I got. It seemed strange for her to leave her family since they seemed so close.

They didn't say why she moved to Alabama. I'm thinking there may have been a long term recovery home there that the therapist recommended.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3135495;
    They didn't say why she moved to Alabama. I'm thinking there may have been a long term recovery home there that the therapist recommended.
    Thanks, I bet you are right. Maybe a sober living facility.

OMG, I just saw Cristy for the first time!

What a mess she is. I honestly believe she's brain damaged from the use of meth so early and so often. And the booze . All those bottles. She's seriously ill. Physically & emotionally & intellectually.

I'd imagine she'll soon be joining Lawrence in the Intervention cemetery.

But at least I learned something - "new math"!

I'm surprised some of the addicts who have assets they're squandering don't have relatives trying to have them declared incompetent to handle their own affairs. I watched a rerun that featured a rich woman with a serious drinking problem. She was raped as a teenager and had issues with her mom's various men. Taking her to court with the film the network had would have convinced any judge she could not handle real life. The show said at the end she no longer has contact with her family (she left their intervention facility and entered one of her own later) and moved to another state. I'm curious how she could get sober and not realize her family loves her?

This woman almost died from a suicide attempt while the program was being filmed. She traveled in a limousine with her cat everywhere she wanted to go. Does this story ring a bell with anyone?
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Fan

I remember the story about the rich woman, but I don't remember the woman's name.

I read an update after her show. It said that the woman was running out of money. I'm not sure though.

Quote Originally Posted by channel5lady;3141352;
    I remember the story about the rich woman, but I don't remember the woman's name.

I read an update after her show. It said that the woman was running out of money. I'm not sure though.
    She's probably using all of her money to drink and doesn't have a job. That's usually why they run out of money. They cannot work due to their illness and use all of their assets to maintain a lifestyle of addiction.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3141671;
    She's probably using all of her money to drink and doesn't have a job. That's usually why they run out of money. They cannot work due to their illness and use all of their assets to maintain a lifestyle of addiction.
    I watched a follow up on her online and she said right after she left the treatment facility she met a man (on the way home actually) who helped her get sober with religion.

That's Laney. And with no job, the upkeep of that big house, and keeping a limousine on call, not to mention if she got some of her divorce settlement in dot.coms (where she made her money in the first place), then it wouldn't surprise me that she's running out of money.

+ Reply to Thread