+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

So did I holly. I was very happy he was clean and really hope his family gets the help they need to assist him in staying that way.
    Yup, with donuts!!

The thing that really depressed me about this past episode is that the grandparents took Charles to therapy when he was a kid and he still had so much trauma from the abuse. I guess it shows how traumatizing childhood sexual abuse really is. I really hope that Charles is able to stay clean.

FORT Fogey

I visited a patient at a mental health care facility - one of the fancy ones in the desert where stars go to anonymously. I met a young woman who was eating herself to death in the wake of being sexually abused by her father.

Trying to reconcile the "love" she had for him as her father with what he did to her was the ultimate battle. It would be different, I think, had it been anyone else. But her own father is what was causing her the trouble.

I don't get incest. And, I don't know how one recovers from it. It has got to be the worst form of child abuse out there.

I just saw Lawrence for the first time. Wow, I don't understand his motivation behind drinking. Yes, his step-father was an a-hole & beat him, but I know lots of people who grew up with beatings and didn't abuse others and/or things. I wonder if his GHB use caused some brain damage?

Talk about a waste of life. This guy had everything and tremendous will power to make it happen. The difference between when he was just beginning his business and what he looked like toward the end of his life is like looking at a portrait of Dorian Gray. HIs episode should be required watching for all young people in high school.

And his absolute denial? I don't get it. He really, really, really believed he didn't have a problem. I wonder if his brothers, mother, and his two other employees (Wendy & the guy), really followed through and dropped him from their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3127483;
    I just saw Lawrence for the first time. Wow, I don't understand his motivation behind drinking. Yes, his step-father was an a-hole & beat him, but I know lots of people who grew up with beatings and didn't abuse others and/or things. I wonder if his GHB use caused some brain damage?

Talk about a waste of life. This guy had everything and tremendous will power to make it happen. The difference between when he was just beginning his business and what he looked like toward the end of his life is like looking at a portrait of Dorian Gray. HIs episode should be required watching for all young people in high school.

And his absolute denial? I don't get it. He really, really, really believed he didn't have a problem. I wonder if his brothers, mother, and his two other employees (Wendy & the guy), really followed through and dropped him from their lives.
    If this is the Lawerence I'm thinking of, he died shortly after the episode aired. Wasn't he the one with the serious drinking problem? He owned a chain of tanning salons? That's the one who died of organ failure.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3128827;
    If this is the Lawerence I'm thinking of, he died shortly after the episode aired. Wasn't he the one with the serious drinking problem? He owned a chain of tanning salons? That's the one who died of organ failure.
    Yup, he's the one. He died not too long after the intervention.

Was the show on last night? I missed it, but saw the commercial for it. A woman thought her family was horrible. She looked horrible. I hope she got help.
    ~~~~

It was on. The woman was a successful matchmaker who had a business with her 2 daughters and then met a man who was an alcoholic and began drinking. She gave up the business for her husband and then began to party constantly with him. He died 6 months before the intervention from complications due to alcoholism.
    The family pretty much cut off communication because she would show up so smashed she would make it uncomfortable for everyone. She finally agreed to go to treatment after her son who has been living with his grandmother since he was 10 years old told her that they would contact disability and tell them her checks were being used to drink a gallon of vodka a day and should be cut off. She has been sober since May of this year I believe.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3132245;
    It was on. She has been sober since May of this year I believe.

Didn't she look so much better sober? The difference was amazing. I'm not sure how I feel about her. She sure isn't as bad as Sandra, but I don't have the same level of sympathy as Charles. And even with his bad habits, she clearly missed her husband (or what he could do for her).

Thanks for the update. I really wanted to watch this episode, so I'll be sure to catch the rerun.
    ~~~~

+ Reply to Thread