+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 69 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

This episode tore me apart in so many ways. I had to go through therapy with my oldest Son because I was not there for him when he was younger due to my own addiction.
    He went through a issue with anger until we sat and talked about it and talked through it. He is now 21. He came to live with me when he turned 12 and I had gotten my life in order and found recovery. I so seen my son in that and can only imagine where these kids will go if she does not find recovery and grab it with both hands and hold tight. They all need to than enter therapy and work on the family as a whole as well as individually.

I do get the impression she cares for them very much She just can not totally show it due to being drugged up so much. Sadly as a recovering addict i can totally re,ate to caring yet it not really being seen because of the addiction always taking the forefront. Addicts are selfish and sadly that is part of addiction.

Just because a doctor prescribes it does not mean it is always right and good for the person
    The fact she is on a Opiate blockers as well as opiates is just nuts to me.

I also lost a dear friend who actually reminded me so much of Sandra. Sadly her family cut her off and she died alone. She had only a couple of us who shared addiction with her that showed up for the small wake that a guy she met and well took care of her held for her.
    I really do pray that does not end up to be the case with Sandra.
    My heart and prayers go towards the whole family that they all go through therapy and find peace.

Good luck to you lilbay. It sounds like you were able to grab your future with both hands once given the chance.

I came very close to an opiate addiction, myself. (They classified me "borderline") I had several back surgeries and was on Vics or Percs for 3 years up and down. Luckily I caught myself in time and took myself to counseling & learned other ways to deal with the physical pain, before it became a problem. And now that I have MS, I'm scared to go on any meds at all. So far, not a problem.

My family was shocked the doctor was still perscribing them for me. I think in some respects we need to hold professionals more responsible. If Sandra was on the DEA/DNF list at all the pharamacies, why were they still filling them? And the doctors' (at least some of them) had to be aware of all she was taking as they told Dan that cutting her cold could kill her.

This episode was mind blowing! Sitting in the garage and taking pills all day?? What??!! WOW. Just WOW. Make no mistake, wheteher Sandra racovers or not, her kids are messed up for life now. Especially Dakota. How terrible for him to have to worry about his mother constantly at 12 years old. It should be the opposite! I was disappointed though that we didn't get to see how she is doing now, it just said that she's still in treatment...I was really curious to see if she'd change.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3092176;
    Wow, did anyone watch last night's? Talk about some messed up kids. They both need some major counseling.

Did anyone get the impression that Sandra's dad left her completely and she projected all these unreasonable "rose colored glasses" onto their relationship or her childhood. It seemed that she thought he could no wrong.

She was one of the most unsympathetic figures I've ever seen. I hope she gets clean for the kid's & Dan's sake, other than that I could care less about her. And then I forsee an Intervention for KC in the near future.
    I agree with your assessment that she was very unsympathetic. I also felt she was looking at her dad with rose colored classes. If he was truly devoted to her, then he would have stayed in her life. This poor woman had a neglectful mother (perhaps) who was also an alcoholic. Then Sandra turned around and did the same exact thing to her sons.

KC needs some intervention for his temper.

It's so sad all the biological fathers involved with this family were gone. This says a lot about Sandra's and the boys problems.

This has to be one of the most depressing episodes ever.
    Last edited by roses4me; 07-01-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: added a word
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I spent 10 years off and on prescription drugs. I was such a horrible person to be around. I look back at it now and cannot believe the person I had become back then. I've been off meds for a year now and slowly I am getting back to the person I was before my injury. I really hope the whole family goes through therapy for a long time to get a sense of unity.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm;3094105;
    This episode was mind blowing! Sitting in the garage and taking pills all day?? What??!! WOW. Just WOW. Make no mistake, wheteher Sandra racovers or not, her kids are messed up for life now. Especially Dakota. How terrible for him to have to worry about his mother constantly at 12 years old. It should be the opposite! I was disappointed though that we didn't get to see how she is doing now, it just said that she's still in treatment...I was really curious to see if she'd change.
    That episode broke my heart, I felt so bad for Dakota I wished i could scoop him up and just take him away from the mess he is growing up in.

He shouldn't have to worry about his mom all day and have nothing to look forward to after school other than a doped out mom.

It was such a depressing situation

I really hope that Sandra can turn her life around and get healthy, her kids are already damaged but she really really needs to take control, beat her addiction, start enjoying her life and her children.

I wish her well and i hope at some point we get an update on her progress.
    If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares... why is there a song about him?

Last night's episode was fasciniating. I felt for the sons for different reasons. My heart broke for Dakota that he has no idea what normal is an no positive memories of growing up with his pill-popping mom. And the older son, that last scene where he was too young to be a man (can't leave the house 'til your 18), but was ready to leave his impossible life behind and they wouldn't let him. You could just see in his mind how he was caught between a rock and a hard place living in that situation. Yes, they will both need a LOT of counseling, but even then, it will be very hard to learn "normal". The mom (grandmom) cold as ice, kind of scary. So sad.

Last night was weird for me. The grandfather seemed to be so co-dependent with the boys. Telling the brother he didn't have to write a letter if he didn't feel like it. WHAT?? It's only your brother's life at stake here! I understand he was upset about letting his brother know his feelings but I got the impression no one in that family was ever forced to speak about how they felt growing up. I hope he stays sober. He looked so handsome after he got clean and shaved and had the little sparkle in his eye again.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Charles is the first addict I really felt sympathetic toward this season. I thought the brother & most of the family total jerks. I understand Leif's angry (about more than his brother's addiction), and I wonder how much that anger toward his brother & sister was because he subconsiously wonders why they didn't protect him, as he's the youngest.

Ken was great IMO and I got the sense he was frustrated because with the exception of the sister (& possibly the mother & uncle) no one seemed to care about Charles and his life or his future. I definitely could sense the reasons why he felt unworthy & unloved. It was like "You don't want to participate, okay. We don't really need to be a united front." Riiiighhhttt....

Poor Charles. I really hope he makes it, but unless he gets some support (i.e. love) from someone else other than his poor, overworked & overworried sister, I fear he's gonna slip.

when the screen flashed the words "two months after the intervention" I thought they were going to show him back on the street. I'm so glad I was wrong.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread