+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

I agree I hope Chad makes it. True crack can be one of the hardest to kick only one I know worse is Methamphetamine.

However I know several people who were severely addicted to crack and managed to get off of it and lead normal lives. Nothing is impossible it is just a matter of wanting to change and being sick and tired of living that life.
    I do think he has a lot of issues that need dealt with from this past and until he lets those go and works through that he will likely continue to feel a need to self medicate. February to June is not a long time, but it is one heck of a start.
    I wish him the best.

As someone who has been involved in self-destructive behavior & recovery, a big part for me was learning why I was doing what I was doing, what the root cause was (why I started in the first place), & what my triggers were that gave me the urge to do that particular thing. It took years of hard-core therapy & behavior modification, but change is possible when the person wants to put in the work. And trust me, it is a LOT of WORK.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

^You're very brave to tell us this. Good luck in your continued battles for your health. God bless.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Thank you
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Good Luck to Dan! I think he will make it. Going to AA on a consistent basis is a good base for continued recovery.

I did have a problem with Sara, though. The first time he took Ava from her when intoxicated would've been the last time! She was very passive about him being around Ava in such a state. Coming from a home with an alcoholic father (recovering for 18 years now), you do remember everything. Even at such a young age, she would be affected emotionally and her fun & happy personality start to change.

Quote Originally Posted by hutchlover;3075447;
    Good Luck to Dan! I think he will make it. Going to AA on a consistent basis is a good base for continued recovery.

I did have a problem with Sara, though. The first time he took Ava from her when intoxicated would've been the last time! She was very passive about him being around Ava in such a state. Coming from a home with an alcoholic father (recovering for 18 years now), you do remember everything. Even at such a young age, she would be affected emotionally and her fun & happy personality start to change.
    I was upset by the wife, too, but love makes you do strange things.

Last night there was another episode about a Iraqi war veteran. Unfortunately, he came from a malfunctioning family so his PTSD wasn't getting the necessary attention. The man's drinking was a result of many things, not just the war. He only made it through 21 days of rehab. This story broke my heart more than most of the others.

I wish the best for you and your dad!
    ~~~~

I wish the best for you and your dad!
    Thanx Roses! We actually have a good relationship now after years of him disappearing once my parents divorced (even his parents didn't know where he was). But then he got sober before my g/father died and made up with them.

It took alot longer for me to forgive him, but I did mainly for my g/mother's sake. Then I realized what a charming and fun guy he was without the drink and that we have some things in common, like a love of history. He's one reason I very rarely drink alcohol, and then only one or two at the most.

I knew I recognized the family. Michael is the name of the brother convicted of the rape and murder of a 17 year old in the 80's here in my town. Dan looked incredibly familiar so I went and looked up Michael and remembered the clemency request that was sent to Arnold Schwartz.... (too long to spell!) a few years back. That's a lot to take in for Dan who was obviously much younger than his older brother. I hope he continues to be sober and stays on the right track.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3075692;
    I knew I recognized the family. Michael is the name of the brother convicted of the rape and murder of a 17 year old in the 80's here in my town. Dan looked incredibly familiar so I went and looked up Michael and remembered the clemency request that was sent to Arnold Schwartz.... (too long to spell!) a few years back. That's a lot to take in for Dan who was obviously much younger than his older brother. I hope he continues to be sober and stays on the right track.
    I didn't know they were in California, as am I. Do you remember the last name? Our illustrious governator didn't approve the clemency, hopefully.
    ~~~~

Click to see Spoiler:
    Morales.
    I wrapped it in spoiler, because I know AA never uses last names, so I'm not sure the rule here regarding this issue.

And while Ahnold didn't grant clemency, the state did let the death penalty lapse because the state Supreme Court ruled they had to find a medical doctor to administer the drugs, and of course no medical doctor will due to ethics issues (unless you're Dr. Kevorkian).

+ Reply to Thread