+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 69 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

I've just started watching this series and my tv went out last night (weather don't you know). Anyway, does anyone know or can anyone tell me the update on Andrea. She was the one who was using an older gentleman to pay for her drugs & college and hated herself for using him once she realized what she was doing. She really seemed to be horrified what she had come to and I was hoping that things worked out for her (and that she dumped the loser jail b/friend).

She broke all ties with Andrew. She finished her rehab stint and moved into sober living. She had a baby recently. I don't remember how long they said she had been sober, but I think it was a year.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3049094;
    She broke all ties with Andrew. She finished her rehab stint and moved into sober living. She had a baby recently. I don't remember how long they said she had been sober, but I think it was a year.
    Wonder if the baby was born drug addicted?

I'm watching the show about Chad now. Has anyone seen this episode or is it one of the new ones? It's proving a point not to hand out spare change to anyone. They'll just use it on drugs or booze. Chad's proud of his panhandling, apparently. It's very sad.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3060764;
    I'm watching the show about Chad now. Has anyone seen this episode or is it one of the new ones? It's proving a point not to hand out spare change to anyone. They'll just use it on drugs or booze. Chad's proud of his panhandling, apparently. It's very sad.
    It is a new one. I was surprised at how persuasive he was at getting people to give him money. My husband & I just had a conversation the other day about giving the homeless money. We have never done it, but we have gone & bought them a meal (fast food) & brought it back to them. Guys like Chad are the reason we choose to not give cash.

He was such an ass at the intervention...I was so glad to see he decided to go to treatment & get straight. I really hope he sticks it out long term. He looked so good at the end, all cleaned up & happy. I got a bit teary-eyed when he was reading his letters to his family, apologizing for how he treated them in the past.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I sobbed when he said he was ready to go, when he read his letters to his family and when they said he'd been sober since February. He talked a bit like Danny Bonaduce but I am assuming that was due to the crack and cigarette smoking. He seems like a decent person and I hope he stays off drugs.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I found this new episode disappointing....I hope the shows get better.

It wasn't too disappointing for me as he got clean. It was sad he had so much bitterness towards his mom, but not his dad for their divorce (and who knows what else in his warped mind).

I hope they have a more diversified range of addictions (diseases) to cover as the drugs are a bit repetitive. I hope they can help more eating disorders and, perhaps, even OCD's obsessive compulsive disorder). There's so many folks out there who need help.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Unfortunately I don't see Chad as one who'll completely recover. He's got an addictive personality. I think he'll find something else. Alcohol, unhealthy fitness (i.e. Chrissy- the mother), shopping, another drug.

Not to mention crack is very difficult to get over once it's got its hooks in you. And while it was nice that he wrote those letters, making amends is Step 8 and can take a year or more to get to.

On another note, I just saw Hubert for the first time. I am sooo glad for him. He's adorable. I can see why that one guy befriended him and wanted to get him help. Even through the TV his personality & charm came through.

FORT Fogey

I loved Chad. I will go to my grave in my belief that it isn't just the addict who needs help. He had a screwy childhood. He needs to get over it, now, of course, but it ain't a one way street.

+ Reply to Thread