+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 69 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

Lawrence reminded me of the DJ from another show. He also got rich/popular at a very young age. However,while the DJ couldn't handle not being in the spotlight (after his injury), Lawrence couldn't handle being in the spotlight. I wasn't surprised he died. It's as if he had a death wish. I also got a gay vibe watching this episode, so I wonder if he was self-destructive for more than just what we told.

Hopefully, his stepfather will be held accountable for his brutality. I realize the statute of limitations porhibit a judicial resolution, but a civil suit might help stop a future spouse from getting whacked around.

I'm not clear why bruises appear on a drinker's body. If anyone knows, please enlighten me. I have never seen that before.

Heidi, congrats on a successful rehab. Keep strong and continued good health to you!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Alcohol thins out the blood. Also why you shouldn't get tattooed drunk. It messes up the ink while you bleed out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;2790968;
    Just watched tonight's episode with Ryan and Hubert. It was an UPDATE show. Wow, they certainly have given Ryan many chances to get his act together! Even after the Judge told him he would end up in jail with one more "strike"...and it happened he still got ANOTHER chance at Rehab....lucky boy.

Hubert is GREAT!!! From literally living on the street to being clean and sober for (now 12/06) over a year. What an inspiration he is to all.
    Is Ryan the young man who used to play drums in high school?

There is an interesting article (too long to print here) about Lawrence and alcoholism is younger adults on ABC's website.

ABC News: Reality Show Death Spotlights Cirrhosis Risk
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I noticed the first hour was a repeat of Heidi's episode. (waving to Heidi)
    I watched the Lawrence one too. So very, very sad. Those bruises were horrendous.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Quote Originally Posted by msheidim;2841295;
    Hi Tuscanigirl, I am Heidi the shopping/plastic surgery addict from Intervention. I came across this and felt compelled to reply. First of all my hair is longer because I have grown it out, no extensions!. The dress I had on was given to me by a designer that had seen me on the show and felt it was a good look for me, It was a fun thing to wear on a warm summer day. I am very aware of my age, and do try to dress in clothing that I feel is appropriate. I work out daily so I am able to get away with styles that some women my age might not be able to. As for people recognizing me, yes it happens all the time, and I am never sad about it on the contrary it makes me happy as many of the people that approach me(mostly women), have always had positive comments and many have thanked me for sharing my story as it has helped them. This has been and is my goal that my life story can help and least one other person, so they will not have to go through the pain I endured for so many years. The treatment I received from being on intervention was a gift it changed my life and yes I did finish the 31 days, the treatment center would have liked me to stay another 2 weeks as I was their first shopping/plastic surgery addiction and they wanted to learn more about it. I felt ready to leave and continued outpatient therapy for 2 years. Now being almost 3 years since the intervention I see my therapist ever 3 months just to check in. I have not shopped compusively since 2005 and had one plastic surgery to reduce my breasts back to a normal size. I'm sorry that you had a different impression of me. I guess its a good lesson not to judge a book by its cover!! My goal is to be the best person I can be inside and out and the emphasis here is INSIDE. I recently taped the Tyra Banks show in hopes that I can help others with the same addiction.

I am sorry this got so long and involved but I wanted to set a few things straight.

Thank you for reading
    Heidi, thanks for stopping in here. I watched a repeat of the show you were on just a couple of days ago, and I was really touched by your mom's devotion to you. I thought you came off as a very likable person who just made some bad choices, and I also appreciate that you were brave enough to share your story with A&E viewers. I'm truly pleased to hear that you've continued on the right track and have gotten your addictions under control. I wish you continued success and I will try to catch you on Tyra.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Newbie

I agree with Roses4me regarding Lawrence that episode really had an impact on me. I got a gay vibe from him as well. I thought how sad if that was something he was hiding from people and just couldn't be who really wanted to be. Of course I know only what I saw from the show so I could be totally off base on that issue.

Did anyone catch this last night? There was an episode about a woman, Emily, who is an identical twin & she was/is anorexic. She's 5'8" & weighed 94 lbs. They showed her w/o clothes on, & I have never seen someone that skinny in my life, & I have seen some very skinny, sick people (I worked at a hospital, so I've seen a lot). I couldn't believe she had energy to even get out of bed, let alone exercise for 3 hours a day (she'd even jump around in the shower to keep burning calories). I mean, you could see every bone in her body, like even the base of her spine & the back of her pelvis. It was unbelievable. I felt so sorry for her.

Then, when she first went into treatment, they said she lost another 7 lbs!!!! I cannot believe she survived at 87 lbs at 5'8". She then elected to go on tube feeding, so obviously she really did want to get better. I wish I knew how she's doing now.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by holly71;2992485;
    Did anyone catch this last night? There was an episode about a woman, Emily, who is an identical twin & she was/is anorexic. She's 5'8" & weighed 94 lbs. They showed her w/o clothes on, & I have never seen someone that skinny in my life, & I have seen some very skinny, sick people (I worked at a hospital, so I've seen a lot). I couldn't believe she had energy to even get out of bed, let alone exercise for 3 hours a day (she'd even jump around in the shower to keep burning calories). I mean, you could see every bone in her body, like even the base of her spine & the back of her pelvis. It was unbelievable. I felt so sorry for her.

Then, when she first went into treatment, they said she lost another 7 lbs!!!! I cannot believe she survived at 87 lbs at 5'8". She then elected to go on tube feeding, so obviously she really did want to get better. I wish I knew how she's doing now.
    Yeah, I saw that one. Really sad. She's needs intensive therapy to deal with her issues, especially the rape. I hope she's able to pull t together eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;2998134;
    Yeah, I saw that one. Really sad. She's needs intensive therapy to deal with her issues, especially the rape. I hope she's able to pull t together eventually.
    I know, that was so horrible! I was telling my husband about it & I started crying. When she was talking about it on the show, I felt sick to my stomach. I bet that jackass & his friends thought it was really funny when they did it. Makes me sick.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread