+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 69 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2783145;
    I watched last night's episode. That man was so out of it! Considering himself an international DJ with fans everywhere...I just shook my head. I wish they'd go back to showing us an interview with the person who stayed sober to hear what they have to say about their experience. They haven't done that at all this season.
    After watching John, the DJ, the other night, I would have loved to see what he looked like....what a story he had and now to think he is clean and sober. FABULOUS!!!

Just watched tonight's episode with Ryan and Hubert. It was an UPDATE show. Wow, they certainly have given Ryan many chances to get his act together! Even after the Judge told him he would end up in jail with one more "strike"...and it happened he still got ANOTHER chance at Rehab....lucky boy.

Hubert is GREAT!!! From literally living on the street to being clean and sober for (now 12/06) over a year. What an inspiration he is to all.

He is good looking and charming, it really does give you more chances.

Watched last night an UPDATE show on Christine and Brooks and Audrey.

Brooks is the Millionaire young man that was in the ATV accident. Can someone tell me where he is from....I live in the Northeast and I cannot figure out that accent. He says "dadgum"...something like that???

FORT Newbie

I actually saw this show for the first time a couple of week ago.It was the episode about a blond 20 something year old named Kristy(spelling?).She was addicted to crystal meth and alcohol(mostly Vodka).She ended up agreeing to go to treatment but being asked to leave for disturbing the other patient.I didn't get to catch the end does anyone know what happened to her?I like this show.I always wondered how someone with addictions live.I'll tivo it from now on.

I finally caught 2 episodes of this show the other day, all I can say is "wow." One episode was a follow up on several of the people that they had had interventions with. The other one was about a 21 year old girl, Caylee, who was addicted to speedballing. OMG, she was such a cute girl before she got all jacked on the drugs. I was glad to see her mom got help for her eating disorder also. She looked so much better after she put on a few lbs. She actually looked younger when her face wasn't so gaunt. I remember the prologue said Caylee had a relapse, but I can't remember if it said that she was getting clean again or not.

In both shows, when it showed the people off the drugs, they looked so much better! Their skin cleared up, their eyes didn't have that dead look, etc. I'm too vain to ever do drugs because I would not want to look like those people did when they were on them!!! Not to mention all the other horrible things that it did to their lives & the lives of those who love them.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I love this show, they should show it in schools to prevent drug/alcohol abuse, i bet it would be really effective. i think the show is so powerful because it doesn't take a biased approach, it simply follows the abuse patterns of the subjects and then shows you how their "sickness" effects everyone else involved. it never says, "drugs are bad" it just shows you the facts. great stuff. my favorite episode is that kid who is addicted to oxy.

Quote Originally Posted by tuscanigirl;2548874;
    Remember the shopping/plastic surgery addict from Los Angeles from the first season or so? Ya know, the one that stole her mom's identity to get credit cards? I saw her yesterday at an audition for a games show. Her hair is longer now (looked like long expensive extensions), otherwise she looked the same as on the show (40-something trying to look 20-something). She wore a Pucci print dress and some high heels. The dress was short so a good amount of leg could be see.

She caught me looking at her; it was obviously I recognized her and she seemed kinda upset (sad) about it. I wonder if people have come up and said stuff to her in public.

Hi Tuscanigirl, I am Heidi the shopping/plastic surgery addict from Intervention. I came across this and felt compelled to reply. First of all my hair is longer because I have grown it out, no extensions!. The dress I had on was given to me by a designer that had seen me on the show and felt it was a good look for me, It was a fun thing to wear on a warm summer day. I am very aware of my age, and do try to dress in clothing that I feel is appropriate. I work out daily so I am able to get away with styles that some women my age might not be able to. As for people recognizing me, yes it happens all the time, and I am never sad about it on the contrary it makes me happy as many of the people that approach me(mostly women), have always had positive comments and many have thanked me for sharing my story as it has helped them. This has been and is my goal that my life story can help and least one other person, so they will not have to go through the pain I endured for so many years. The treatment I received from being on intervention was a gift it changed my life and yes I did finish the 31 days, the treatment center would have liked me to stay another 2 weeks as I was their first shopping/plastic surgery addiction and they wanted to learn more about it. I felt ready to leave and continued outpatient therapy for 2 years. Now being almost 3 years since the intervention I see my therapist ever 3 months just to check in. I have not shopped compusively since 2005 and had one plastic surgery to reduce my breasts back to a normal size. I'm sorry that you had a different impression of me. I guess its a good lesson not to judge a book by its cover!! My goal is to be the best person I can be inside and out and the emphasis here is INSIDE. I recently taped the Tyra Banks show in hopes that I can help others with the same addiction.

I am sorry this got so long and involved but I wanted to set a few things straight.

Thank you for reading

Thank you for popping in, Heidi. It takes a lot of courage to face an addiction. Best of luck.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

03.17.2008 Tragic Episode

Hello to all,

I watched about the last 10 minutes of the Intervention episode last night featuring Lawrence and his constant Vodka drinking throughout the day at home. I cannot recall that much resistance against a free treatment program prior. Clearly, Lawrence did not view himself as an alcoholic or even a heavy drinker. He was in complete denial. Lawrence viewed himself as an occasional, social drinker. I thought Lawrence believe that was a stretch. Lawrence agreed to treatment possibly to please his family. He was certainly not sold.
    I learned from this episode that The Sun Does Not Always Shine On TV & there are not always Happy Endings in life.
    I was not surprised that the treatment program was not completed and ended prematurely. I was shocked to learn that Lawrence tragically passed away. The entire episode was in his memory. This episodes shows how Alcoholism breaks down the body and the internal organs which can be fatal. In this episode, Alcoholism or Heavy Drinking (based on a person's viewpoint) was in fact fatal.
    I recorded the entire episode. Upon playback, it became apparent how much & for how long Lawrence had been drinking over the course of time. His body was badly marked & his motor skills seemed to be failing. Apparently, Lawrence drank heavily to avoid seizures. I could only watch about the first 15 minutes. This was the most brutal episode I have ever seen. My reactions were first frustration to shock and disbelief then sadness followed by depression. This is a very tough episode. To the Family and friends/coworkers, they did all that was possible. Unfortunately, this really was a last chance. Lawrence became very successful at a young age. Maybe, in some cases, success in a dish best serves to certain people when they are older, more experienced and mature. This episode was just so sad yet very important to watch & learn from.
    RIP Lawrence.

+ Reply to Thread