+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 69 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2765052;
    He went through treatment but returned home and got back on the DXM. He is no longer welcome at his house and must sleep at a friend's house.
    ah, thanks so much. that's too bad, it sounds like he really had a promising future once. :/

Next week it will be a former Olympic hopeful who got dropped because of drug use. She is on Crystal Meth. Really sad.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2766548;
    Next week it will be a former Olympic hopeful who got dropped because of drug use. She is on Crystal Meth. Really sad.
    I just watched it. Tressa was very interesting, and she sure could throw that shot-put! It was so sad to see her waste her talent.

When they were showing her pictures and video growing up, all I could think was "wow, she looks like a boy", and sure enough, as I suspected, she ended up being gay. I strongly believe that sexual orientation is a result of physiology (from her appearance, she may well have been exposed to excess testosterone in the womb), but her conservative, religious family think it's a "lifestyle choice". Poor gal, having to grow up with a Dad who wanted a son and treated her like one...but I think she would have been masculine and athletic in any family.

She was a very talented woman, and I do hope that her recovery continues to be successful. And that she makes a comeback -- I loved her upbeat attitude at the end.

Emily

After tonight's episode my husband made the comment that he'd never rooted so hard for a crystal-meth addict. Tressa was a dear and it's too bad that she wasn't accepted by her family. I'm not sure if that led to her addiction but it certainly didn't help. I'm glad she chose not to go back home and that she's training again. I hope she's surrounded by only support and love from now on.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by serpentina;2765050;
    what happened to the kid with the dxm addiction? my dvr cut out the last few seconds of the show during the update. was he successfully able to recover?
    Last night I watched several episodes I had TIVO'ed and Ben was so disturbing...o.m.g! I did not feel his family was the least bit loving whatsoever. When Jeff ever said "your family has brought you here because they love you so much", I wanted to say REALLLLLY? That young man, Ben, was by far one of the more disturbing addicts I have seen on this show. To have the IQ he has and watch him as he was spiraling downward even in this episode was so sad. Was that dog poo he reached down and ate off the ground there in the city of Pittsburgh and then the whole scene with the prostitute...come on, sad. sad.

I loved Josh, the overweight young man, I am so rooting for him. He lost 74lbs. so far and I am so sure will continue. His ex Heather seems like a real sweetie. Thank God, she is in Josh's life. I bet it was Heather that called Intervention and not his parents. That household had way too many issues with the Dad.

And lastly I watched Tressa. So promising as others have said here. Can you just imagine that unbelievable career this young lady HAD and then to hit the drug scene as she said and to be her very proud parents and get that horrible phone call from Tressa the night before they were leaving for CA to see her compete to tell them she FAILED her drug test. I am proud of Tressa, she is doing well and she looked so much healthier in just the 2 months she has been in rehab. Maybe she will get another chance to compete!

I watched last night's episode. That man was so out of it! Considering himself an international DJ with fans everywhere...I just shook my head. I wish they'd go back to showing us an interview with the person who stayed sober to hear what they have to say about their experience. They haven't done that at all this season.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2783145;
    I watched last night's episode. That man was so out of it! Considering himself an international DJ with fans everywhere...I just shook my head. .....
    I thought so too, but it made sense to me. He was once the centre of attention for years. Everyone was at his beck and call, and he could do no wrong. Then, with his knee injury, and the loss of his running, it all came crashing down. So he attempted to replace it with the delusion that he was an important DJ and that he was still the centre of alot of people's attention.

I was so surprised (and glad) that John stayed sober after moving back home with his parents so he could finish his probation. It seems like that would be pretty difficult, leaving rehab early and trying to finish as an outpatient.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs B;2708031;
    Am I wrong to like Emily more than her bitchy perfect sisters? Her mom was a bitch and her sisters were more focused on what THEY would gain out of her being healthy than her actual health. :nono I hope she does move away from these wenches and lives a healthy life. Apologies to the wench's guild: the word is meant in the most negative concept.
    I'm sure her mom has no idea how her personality helped lead to her daughter's problem. There is only one way to make lasagna?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Gambler;2784568;
    I'm sure her mom has no idea how her personality helped lead to her daughter's problem. There is only one way to make lasagna?
    The One True Lasagna?

+ Reply to Thread