+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 69 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Re: Intervention (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;2591530;
    Just caught a rerun I hadn't seen. Gamblin' Gabe. One angry guy. Pretty obvious to me why. Never got a chance to grow up as a normal kid. No 11 year old should ever been going to college. I don't care how far ahead of the other kids they are. It amazes me how parents don't recognize the root of the problem even after it's too late. These parents didn't mention a speck of it. Not sayin' it's their fault, but at least recognize some of the blame.

On another note....I thought the new season was supposed to start in September. Now they are saying December. :nono A&E.
    OMG, I saw that one several years ago. I think this one was one of the first for Intervention. Gabe was pathetic. The way he yelled at his parents and threw temper tantrums. His poor parents did everything for him! As I recall didn't they even sell their beautiful home to pay off his credit cards. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;2714137;
    .... The way he yelled at his parents and threw temper tantrums. ....
    This is what I mean when I say "never got a chance to grow up....". In essence, he's still a child. He acted, screamed, and threw tantrums like one.

O..M..G..just watched BROOK, 26, addicted to prescription med's...what an episode. I would love an update on Brook....this by far was one of the best episodes but there was no update as Brook has been in Rehab since 9/2007 and they had no additional info on her. This show had Ken as well as Dr. Rand in tears and (me too.)

I watched the new episode last night about the preacher's son. Wow. So sad to see the whole family just fell apart leaving the youngest 2 at home to fend for themselves. I hope that Joy gets to find her son and have some sort of relationship with him.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I started watching it but it truly made me sick to my stomach. They normally don't do that but this one was so sad, it was like nobody cared about the young ones, really sad.

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2754167;
    I started watching it but it truly made me sick to my stomach. They normally don't do that but this one was so sad, it was like nobody cared about the young ones, really sad.
    It was really sad. The mom just moving away because she knew she was gay. I understand the whole thing, I just don't get why she had to just move away and lose contact with her kids. Gay or not, she was still a mother.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Tonight the boy who is addicted to food should be on. I'm off to watch the rerun at 9pm and then the new one at 10.
    Yup, with donuts!!

The episode last night was very disturbing to me. The guy who was 546 pounds had a family who obviously didn't eat right which didn't help the situation. There was also a kid who was addicted to DXM, the ingredient that suppresses coughing found in all over the counter cough medicines. He was a genius who got into the drug and even though he went to treatment, once he was out began using again. Sad, very very sad. The obese family ended up getting help and both the father and son are losing weight and learning why they felt the need to eat so much in the first place.
    Yup, with donuts!!

what happened to the kid with the dxm addiction? my dvr cut out the last few seconds of the show during the update. was he successfully able to recover?

He went through treatment but returned home and got back on the DXM. He is no longer welcome at his house and must sleep at a friend's house.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread