+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 69 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Tim & Madyson were both dysfunctional, and they like it..but the whole thing was just unreal, I can't understand why such a young woman would want to waste her life with a druggie, it's not her job to get him through life, I think she enjoys the drama and the victim role, and Madyson's parents were to blame also for allowing him to live in their home-just crazy..

FORT Fan

Betsy

Didn't anyone watch the episode with Betsy the alcoholic? She refused rehab and was going to get better with the help of her alcoholic boyfriend of two weeks. Who'd been sober a stunning 36 days and was obviously the expert on the art of sobriety.

Aaaaargh!!

how i ever managed to miss this show is beyond me. i need to find it.
    One time I rocked so hard it killed a man

The difficulties in life are intended to make us better, not bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    Tim & Madyson were both dysfunctional, and they like it..but the whole thing was just unreal, I can't understand why such a young woman would want to waste her life with a druggie, it's not her job to get him through life, I think she enjoys the drama and the victim role, and Madyson's parents were to blame also for allowing him to live in their home-just crazy..
    When Tim shot the home video for Madyson, you could see glimmers of charm and how he could be when sober. I think it is self-destructive for someone to stay in a relationship with an addict, as long as Madyson did, however, it's hard to judge a relationship when all we see are the worst parts.

Touch my bunny, stroke my cow.

Quote Originally Posted by Art_930 View Post
    Didn't anyone watch the episode with Betsy the alcoholic? She refused rehab and was going to get better with the help of her alcoholic boyfriend of two weeks. Who'd been sober a stunning 36 days and was obviously the expert on the art of sobriety.

Aaaaargh!!

Ohh my, Betsy was frustrating to say the least. I just kind of wanted to smack her a little...she was so rude and mean to her sister, who was doing her best to try and help her..and the 'boyfriend', he's a whole other story, but it did seem they were using each other.

Betsy just wants to feel sorry for herself, she IS the one who screwed up her marriage by cheating, but it's time for her to get over it, not drink yourself to death!

I watched it. She was a real piece of work. I can't believe she didn't go to treatment. Sigh....now she can continue blaming others for her sorry life and hitting the wine bottle. Wow - that woman could kick back some wine! I do wonder if she was getting all her money from her dad and once he cut her off, if she was going to be able to get it from her bf, since he was in recovery. Hopefully he'd have the sense not to finance her wine habit.

The saddest thing was, they showed her artwork for childrens books and greeting cards at the beginning of the show, and she was quite talented (at one time). I am sure the alcohol took that away, though.

Emily

Aaaaargh!!
    I watched it. What a frustrating show. She reminded me so much of a friend of mine who made some huge mistakes in life early on but kept blaming everyone else and kept drinking.

It just also shows why AA suggests you don't start a relationship during your first year of sobriety.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by crazyboy26 View Post
    Ok he was still in the wrong, but it still must be hard to have a nagging mother, a father who doesnt give a s$it about you, and a controlling boyfriend. When you feel alone, and that you cant feel comfortable turning to anybody for support, you often can feel the need to turn to other things. When I felt that way a few years ago I turned to fast food, which wasnt as bad atleast.

Yeah, it must be hard. But as an adult HE HAS THE POWER to make choices to change his life and to let go of the power he lets his parents have over him. He can't change the past, or his father or his mother-being miserable and selgf hating will not make his father love him, it will not make his mother change. He has the power to change himself and to choose to live his life with self respect and happiness. He must stop using excuses as a reason to not only slowly kill himself, but to put others at risk who come into sexual contact with him.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by realornot View Post
    Is anyone watching this show anymore? I caught the episode the other night with the drug addict who was a singer/producer. I think his name was Tim. I could be wrong though.

His girlfriend really bothered me. She seems like a caring girl and all, but I wonder how long their relationship would last once he's better. She even admitted that she likes to be a healer. When there isn't anything left to fix, will she still be as in love with him? I don't mean to sound cruel, because I'm sure it is/was hard for her to deal with an addicted boyfriend. But it was almost as if she "enjoyed' it... that's probalby not the right word. I was really disappointed to see at the end of the show that she didn't go to treatment. She should deal with her issues.

she is an addict and her addiction is Briam and trying to fix him.`Enjoyment' is the right word, I think. And you are right, should Tim get beter they won't have any foundation for their relationship because tyhe whole mess is based on his addiction and how to deal with it, respond to it. If he gets better she won't have anyone to save anymore.
    she feels empowered and `special' because he calls her right at his breaking point. Her parents are idiots. Tim will not get better as long as he has Madyson in his life because she in a warped way validates his behaviour by responding to it. She is refusing counciling so I would imagine she doesn't belive she has any problems-more than likely she resents anyone trying to tell her her her realtionship with Brian will only screw her up and that nothing positive can be gained. She seems like the type of girl who will make a life of hooking up with addicts....no real introspection on her part. It's pathetic that her parents prety much placate her and Tim. Classic enablers.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Holy Cow! I don't watch this show very often in fact i hadnt watched it at all this year and just turned it on tonight.

I guess this is a repeat of an older show "Cristy" the meth addict?

I wound up sitting here with my mouth open and my eyes bugging out.... totally amazed that she doesnt think she needs help or that she is acting like a total FREAK!

When she was butt naked jumping around on her bed and hopping over furniture in her DUMP of a house when her sister tried to give her some soup to eat I really honest to god couldnt believe my eyes!
    She was spitting the soup out all over her house like an animal! (ooops saying she acted like an animal is an INSULT to actual animals!)
    Then she goes outside onto her driveway still butt naked and is asking people for a phone.... she has NO SHAME!
    Her sister was trying so hard to help her and be nice and Cristy just called her names and insulted her .... when her sister finally LOST IT and started to kick her boney ass I wanted to CHEER!!!

Cristy is about the worst case of addiction I have EVER seen.... yikes!

If one of my sisters ever got that screwed up in the head I dont know WTF I would do..... what a waste of a life.
    She was such a pretty girl in pictures of her from when she was younger and now she just looks like a burnt out old ho and what will she do when she cant strip for a living anymore?

At the rate she is going that day isnt far off..... her face already looked so haggard and ugly.
    Last edited by Cleocatra; 11-20-2006 at 03:52 AM.

+ Reply to Thread