+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 69 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    She went into rehab but got kicked out after 3 weeks(I think) for drinking....really sad!
    Yes, that is sad...however, it isn't surprising. I love this show and usually cry while watching it, but unless these people have hit rock bottom themselves, treatment won't work. They are going into treatment because other people want them to - not because they do. (usually)

stinkerbell, You're absolutely right! I've seen it firsthand in my own family. Unless they truly want help, it's not going to work.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    stinkerbell, You're absolutely right! I've seen it firsthand in my own family. Unless they truly want help, it's not going to work.
    Yes, I've seen it in my own family as well. For 20 years we tried and tried- cut him off, shut him out, scolded, cried, begged, ect...it was only when he was ready did it finally work. (and only after two or three relapses on his part). It was his choice to quit living the way he was and until then, nothing we said or did or did not do would make a bit of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell View Post
    Yes, that is sad...however, it isn't surprising. I love this show and usually cry while watching it, but unless these people have hit rock bottom themselves, treatment won't work. They are going into treatment because other people want them to - not because they do. (usually)
    Gotta disagree. Sometimes people go in for others but once they detox and think with a clear mind they decide to get sober.
    When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike7 View Post
    Gotta disagree. Sometimes people go in for others but once they detox and think with a clear mind they decide to get sober.
    Yes, I agree with that as well. But, it seems there is a highter percentage that either get kicked out of treatment or go back to their old ways within a few weeks/months. That usually happens also- it can take 2, 3 or more tries of treatment until they finally feel secure enough to do it and face the fact that thier lives cannot include their drug of choice.

FORT Newbie

My Intervention

Hi All!

I Filmed A Segment For This Show. It Was Quite An Experience, To Say The Least. I Wont Share My Entire Experience Until The Show Is Aired This Sunday. I Can Say That Everyone Involved With The Show Are Fantastic People. Looking Forward To Chatting With All Of You

Sincerely
    Heidi

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by HEIDI M View Post
    Hi All!

I Filmed A Segment For This Show. It Was Quite An Experience, To Say The Least. I Wont Share My Entire Experience Until The Show Is Aired This Sunday. I Can Say That Everyone Involved With The Show Are Fantastic People. Looking Forward To Chatting With All Of You

Sincerely
    Heidi
    Wow, can't wait until I watch it and hear about it Heidi! Thanks for the heads up!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Wow! Welcome Heidi!

I watch the show every Sunday without fail. I usually catch it on the second run later on the same night, too. It's a fantastic show, so REAL! I do find it interesting, however, that not more people are fans like we are.

Boy, that grandma mentioned above was the most wonderful person! Her heart must be as big as Texas. She's a great example for us, and I hope I can be even a smidgen like her with my grandbabies. The love she has for her family just glows from her eyes. *begin tears now*

I'd hate to see the shiow canceled for lack of viewership. Does anyone have any facts on the matter?

eta: I look forward to reading your account of the story - be sure to fill us in! Thanks, and I hope you are happy and well.

Quote Originally Posted by HEIDI M View Post
    Hi All!

Sincerely
    Heidi
    Hi Heidi. Welcome.
    I saw your show. Congratulations on 2+ months of not shopping.

FORT Newbie

i dont get it

How do these people not catch a clue that they are on this show. EVERY show has them spelll their names in the first few minutes. That to me would be a dead give away. I am a recovering addict and watch the show every week. They have to know... Heidi, do you have any opinion on this, or anyone else for that matter...

+ Reply to Thread