+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 69 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Kelly and Mark

Family and friends decide that an intervention is their only hope of saving two men: Kelly, a man with a 160 IQ who lives on the streets and survives on beer and other people's spare change, and Mark, who's so addicted to painkillers that he's had a morphine pump surgically implanted in his abdomen.

This is the write up from the website about this episode.
    Let me know what else you want to know and I'll fill you in.
    When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Did anyone watch last Sunday night? It was really good. They had one guy, Howard, who was an alcoholic.
    They also had Audrey, who was a heroin addict. They showed her shooting up in the bathroom, and then for awhile, she looked really zoned out. Almost like a black out. I had never seen anything like that before. (considering I have never used drugs, I guess that isn't unusual Anyway, what exactly happened to her? I was really afraid she was going to fall down and hit her head on the sink. Her eyes were rolling in back in her head. Then all of the sudden, she came down to earth and recovered. I don't know how long she was in there in outer space, but it seemed like a long time.

FORT Newbie
    Nike7 I agree with what you said about the boyfriend and the father. That sorta blew me away too. He was like hey if they don't bother me don't care what they do.

I've been watching this show quite a while and only found one really annoying. That was the boy genius who believed his parents were responseable for him and his bills :nono . Was that Gabe? Anyway I didn't know who I wanted to smack more him or his mom the enabler.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    Did anyone watch last Sunday night?...They also had Audrey, who was a heroin addict. They showed her shooting up in the bathroom, and then for awhile, she looked really zoned out. Almost like a black out...Anyway, what exactly happened to her?
    That's called being "on the nod".
    When the drug hits your brain you go into a euphoric dream-like state.
    To my knowledge people shot up sitting on the floor and stay down so they don't fall and get hurt.
    It only lasts a short while, that's one of the reasons this drug is so addictive.
    More, Again, More, Again, More. What happened to my pay check?

I'm just surprised that she didn't puke when she shot up.
    She was eating at the restaurant. How'd she do that?

Quote Originally Posted by nitebloomer
    ...I agree with what you said about the boyfriend and the father... He was like hey if they don't bother me don't care what they do.
    I wonder if the "father" knew that they were stealing money from him.
    He could'a been clueless that this is hurting him, financially anyway.
    How cold do you have to be not to care about your own kid?

Quote Originally Posted by Nike7
    That's called being "on the nod".
    When the drug hits your brain you go into a euphoric dream-like state.
    To my knowledge people shot up sitting on the floor and stay down so they don't fall and get hurt.
    It only lasts a short while, that's one of the reasons this drug is so addictive.
    More, Again, More, Again, More. What happened to my pay check?

I'm just surprised that she didn't puke when she shot up.
    She was eating at the restaurant. How'd she do that?
    Thanks for the information. So, after being "on the nod", are they still high for awhile, or is that it? Was she still high when she was at the restaraunt?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    ...So, after being "on the nod", are they still high for awhile, or is that it? Was she still high when she was at the restaraunt?
    The residual high lasts a few hours but the main high hits and depletes quickly.
    She would have still been foggy at the restaurant

Let me clarify in case you wonder where I'm getting info.
    I never did heroin but I had friends that used it around me.
    This info is what I have observed.

My husband watches this all the time but I've never paid attention to it until last night. I really like this show! I could not believe that girl (can't remember her name) was able to do the astronomical amount of drugs that she did before the intervention meeting and stay on her feet. I wasn't surprised to see how her story ended.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    My husband watches this all the time but I've never paid attention to it until last night. I really like this show! I could not believe that girl (can't remember her name) was able to do the astronomical amount of drugs that she did before the intervention meeting and stay on her feet. I wasn't surprised to see how her story ended.

I missed that one. How did her story end?

She went into rehab but got kicked out after 3 weeks(I think) for drinking....really sad!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread