+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Hey JD!

What's with all the picture changes on your profile?
    Do you have ADHD or do you just get bored easily?
    When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Thanks, Nike, I'm all over that one! From the "mug shots" it looks about 50/50 recovery...
    Hi JD,
    Where did you see "mug shots"?
    Is it possible that there is a source I'm unaware of?
    Wow, I must be slipping.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike7
    Hey JD!

What's with all the picture changes on your profile?
    Do you have ADHD or do you just get bored easily?

None of the above. I like to look at friends and family while here on fort, since this is where I spend all my time. The av of the day is my youngest granddaughter, McKenna, she's 14 months old. Big sister Bailee is next in rotation. I loves me beebees. Be thankful I don't have ten or twelve kids with ten or twelve grandkids each. I'd have to rotate every hour or so. With a Kid Rock tossed in for good measure.

Anyway....I saw the ad for the follow-up episode after the show the other night and they showed still shots for the four people being followed up on. (sorry about the grammar) - and Gabe, the spoiled kid who was a huge gambler - his pic had the same deer-in-the-headlights look that you see in mug shots. He also had a really bad dye job on his hair. Bonde gone bad. He must be seeing Scott Peterson's stylist - yeah, it was that bad.

Does anyone know how far ahead one has to give notice to enter rehab? I'm convinced I'm going to have to have a laptopectomy by the end of Big Brother. The detox will be hell. I hope they have a patch.

Oh, and.....don't worry about missing something - we (when did I become plural?) delight in keeping others informed.
    Last edited by J.D.; 08-19-2005 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Gabe, the spoiled kid who was a huge gambler - his pic had the same deer-in-the-headlights look that you see in mug shots. He also had a really bad dye job on his hair. Blonde gone bad. He must be seeing Scott Peterson's stylist - yeah, it was that bad.
    Hey again JD
    Your grandbabies are cuties!

I saw the show and you are dead on right about the hair!
    How can someone be that "smart" and not know that they are a dork?

I gotta feed my kiddos. I'll type more later...

Oh good God in heaven!

First off, fabulous to see the new Sara and new Alyson. Their eyes were so much brighter. I was happy to see they had made so much progress. I can only imagine the relief their families must feel.

And good for that other guy... (his name escapes me now)... I'm sure it had to be hard to go back to treatment again. I was happy to hear his sister speak up when his mom was riding him about having a relapse and he said he was only thinking about today (one day at a time!) and right away she said "Good." I think that brought mom back to reality a bit.

And then there is Gabe. And really not so much Gabe, but his FAMILY. They still pay for 75% of his living expenses? Okay. Fine. I think it's bad enough they do that, but does he have to live in such a nice place? That darn thing was two stories! And he still has a cell phone. He could go without some luxuries. At least he wasn't as obnoxious as he had been. Oy. I couldn't stand him the first time around. That grating, irritating voice. "You're forcing me to get on a plane..." SHUT UP!!
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

Why was I not surprised about Gabe? He's still a loser and apparently doesn't want to change. I can't believe his parents are enabling him that much. The situation will never change. I feel badly for his friend whom he owes $8,400. He'll never see it.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

FORT Fan
    It's no wonder Gabe's parent's didn't want to appear in this episode. How could they complain about his behavior again when they're continuing to do so much for him while he's no longer getting treatment? They have about as much to answer for as he does. Thanks

I wonder what would happen if anyone ever called Gabe on his lame but constant suicide threats. I think that's how he works his parents and gets them to fund him. He just pulls the old "I'll just kill myself" speech out of his butt and they fall all over themselves to help / enable him. What a whiner. They need to cut him off and try to save whatever could possibly be left of their relationship with each other. Gabe is too busy making excuses and whining to put any work into his sobriety. The really sad thing is that his parents don't make him accountable. What happened to the letters they read at his intervention? Since he didn't complete treatment aren't they supposed to do the stuff that they said they would do?

I like Matt and he seems to really have a caring family that isn't gonna help him kill himself. His mom went off a little about his relapse but it would have been worse if she was just making excuses for him. His family looks fairly stable and sane to me. Matt did rehab twice and is willing to do the work.

Did anyone else see Alyson's sister read her intervention letter on Oprah? I thought that was soooooo wrong. Alyson was out of rehab and her sister just has to have her say. Alyson said yes to treatment so fast that her sister didn't get to read her letter at the intervention. So what, since when is this about the sister? I thought it was about helping Alyson. Whatever! I kept thinking, "How is this helpful"? She's not useing now and she can't change the past so stop punishing her.

Sara is gonna get a chance to live up to what her supportive, fine, good daddy, husband thinks of her now and will be able to be a mom to her cute little boy. On Larry King she said that she goes to a meeting every day. Way to work it girl. She's got every reason in the word to remain sober.
    Last edited by Nike7; 08-27-2005 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbridled
    Anyway, I think they're doing a updates episode on August 21, so maybe we'll get to find out what happened to the gamer. I'd also like to know about Tamela (the cutter) and Christine (the alcoholic). For some reason they and this gamer were the ones that tugged most at my hearstrings. I hope things got better for all of them.
    Christine was on the Larry King show I mentioned earlier. She looks great! 94 days sober and sounds like she really got the message from rehab. After the 30 days, they offered up another 30 for her. She accepted! She's now going to AA meetings daily.

Larry King asked her if she craves alcohol. She said she does not but that scares her to death. (she did not elaborate but I'm guessing that right now when she's strong she's not craving it, but she's afraid she will crave it down the road....)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    So I have a question. They asked the users to be in a documentary about addiction, then tricked them into an intervention. It was real - true reactions, etc. But how will they pull off another season?

+ Reply to Thread