+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 69 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

FORT Newbie
    Just watched tonight's episode-- with Michael and Brooks. Was this a repeat? When I info'ed it, it said "bipolar and schizophrenia." However, there was no mention of either of these illnesses in teh show (at least that I caught).

It was touching at the end when Brooks and his brother went to treatment-- especially when Brooks smiled and said he was excited to be in treatment! The show is getting a little boring in some ways: it follows the exact same format with everyone and it seems like everyone- addicts and family members say the same thing! Still, I think it's an important show.

Just rambling...

Does this show trigger cravings for other recovering/ed viewers? Just curious. For myself the visuals of my drug of choice sometimes get intense, although overall it does a good job of showing some of the realities of that life. Just wondering how others see it.

Quote Originally Posted by emily13
    Just watched tonight's episode-- with Michael and Brooks. Was this a repeat? When I info'ed it, it said "bipolar and schizophrenia." However, there was no mention of either of these illnesses in teh show (at least that I caught).
    I havenít seen this one before. I think they said that Michael was having mental problems but I didn't catch the terms they used if any.

The show is getting a little boring in some ways: it follows the exact same format with everyone and it seems like everyone- addicts and family members say the same thing! Still, I think it's an important show.
    I feel badly for the interventionists. They have pat statements that they are used to using and that work. Now they have a new audience each week and they have to come up with different stuff to say beyond... "These people love you like crazy". Not to rip on Jeff V. he is great! I checked out his website, listened to a workshop and watched him on a town hall meeting about drug abuse. If I don't watch myself they are gonna have to do an intervention to get me to stop being so into this show.

Does this show trigger cravings for other recovering/ed viewers? For myself the visuals of my drug of choice sometimes get intense...
    Thanx for saying something. I jones out too. Sometimes I have flashbacks of my own behaviors. Last night I watched Michael cutting lines on the toilet seat lid and kept thinking "you don't have to do that. Use the top of the soap dispenser where the guy left the rocks or smoke it" cause that's what I used to do. Every once in a while I think I shouldn't be watching stuff like this but it's also interesting to see the families side of it all. I'm looking forward to the follow up show in August to see how people are doing. I try to remember the down side of using. Which isn't hard to do with this show.

They said the brothers Brooke and Ian from last nights show are getting a place together after rehab. It makes me nervous to think that if one of them slips they could take the other one down. Who knows? Maybe they would support each other. Anyone have an opinion about that?

Done Babbling
    Last edited by Nike7; 07-25-2005 at 06:11 PM.
    When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike7
    They said the brothers Brooke and Ian from last nights show are getting a place together after rehab. It makes me nervous to think that if one of them slips they could take the other one down. Who knows? Maybe they would support each other. Anyone have an opinion about that?
    I hadn't seen this one before, either.

Fortunately, I'm usually wrong in my predictions, but I don't think Brooks is going to make it. He's just so angry (and who can blame the poor kid) and depressed. I don't think 32 days (if I remember correctly) was nearly long enough for him to recover. JMO, of course.

And a big fat yes to the questions about cravings. Sometimes when they show people snorting meth I can taste that in the back of my mouth and throat. Gag. What a nasty, nasty drug that is. Same with the coke - they used to (I don't know about now) cut it with ether. That's a taste you never forget. It's been almost 20 years since I've done the drugs - funny how the memories don't fade. I guess that's why so many people relapse.

Thats why I stayed away from drugs JD. I knew I would like them so I did the best thing I could do...never tried them at all...and am glad I didnt. I dont like to be dependent on anything. *hides ciggies*
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Sometimes when they show people snorting meth I can taste that in the back of my mouth and throat. Gag. What a nasty, nasty drug that is. Same with the coke - they used to (I don't know about now) cut it with ether. That's a taste you never forget. It's been almost 20 years since I've done the drugs - funny how the memories don't fade. I guess that's why so many people relapse.
    Did you ever see the show with the guy that had false front teeth because his drug dealer knocked them out? He smoked rocks and the look of paranoia on his face reminded me of the down side. Of course there is an up side or no one would do drugs.

The first time you try meth they should give you a cape. Man what a high. I think that's why people relapse. Who wouldn't want to feel like that again and how can you ever forget how great it was? We used to call it "chasing the ghost".

When it wears off and you feel sick and depressed so you think "I feel like crap, I need to get high". And there you go again. These drugs have a quick grip.
    Last edited by Nike7; 08-03-2005 at 11:37 AM.

This is the week...

Follow-Up Special.
    Sunday, August 21 10:00PM ET/PT

This emotionally gripping documentary series helps people confront their darkest demons and hopefully find a route to redemtion. This "follow-up" episode will allow for a much deeper investigation of life after the intervention, as we revisit some subjects several weeks later to see if their intervention was successful.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Thanks, Nike, I'm all over that one! From the "mug shots" it looks about 50/50 recovery. I wish them all well. And the thing is, they are kids. Plenty of time for a "do over." All the best, kids!

FYI - I saw on TV Guide Online Larry King Live is slated to have "individuals who have appeared in A&E's Intervention" reality series". The time is 9 p.m. Eastern time.

ETA: forgot to include that the date for the show is Friday, August 19
    Last edited by katkitty; 08-18-2005 at 05:53 AM.

Did anyone see 2 weeks ago's episode?

The guy was a male model, and a meth addict and sex addict. He was also gay. He had spelt with over 500 people... and has only used a condom twice!!

HOLY COW!!! I about puked when I saw that!

Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie
    He had spelt with over 500 people... and has only used a condom twice!!
    Sounds like suicide by sex.

+ Reply to Thread