+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by Nike7
    Maybe if he hung out with the rage-o-holic they could rub off on each other and make one normal person.
    LMAO.

I wish they'd show the actual treatment program, too. If they would only do one addict per episode then they would have time to show some scenes from rehab. If the clinics allow cameras in that is. Maybe next season...

The 24 hours of nonstop dancing astounded me--and the poor guy almost seemed manic, shouting at the TV and stuff while he was playing the game. Anyway, I guess we know why he was so skinny....

**Briefly considers video gamer's dancing-diet**

Hmmm....

Anyway, I think they're doing a updates episode on August 21, so maybe we'll get to find out what happened to the gamer. I'd also like to know about Tamela (the cutter) and Christine (the alcoholic). For some reason they and this gamer were the ones that tugged most at my hearstrings. I hope things got better for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbridled
    **Briefly considers video gamer's dancing-diet**...

I'd also like to know about Tamela (the cutter) and Christine (the alcoholic).

You and me both on the "man he's skinny, how'd he do that?" Can I try? But who has 8 hours + per day to play dancing games?

I might as well join a gym... And actually go there... And actually work out.

I don't think he stops gaming long enough to eat. He seems to zone out.

I saw Tamela on Oprah. She is doing well but Oprah kinda gave her a hard time because she "doesn't understand".

No one asked her to understand. What is just is.

Anyone else up for the video gamers work out program that "Unbridled" mentioned?

A liquid diet may fit in better with the theme here...
    When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by realornot
    By the way, emily13, welcome to the FoRT...
    Thanks!

So are there re-runs of this show during the week at all? I sometimes forget about it on Sunday nights...

Quote Originally Posted by emily13
    So are there re-runs of this show during the week at all? I sometimes forget about it on Sunday nights...
    I don't think the show runs any other day than Sunday -- at least not regularly. I think I've seen it on another day, but it's hard for me to remember. You gotta get a TiVo, emily! You'll never miss it then.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

FORT Fan

Anyway, I think they're doing a updates episode on August 21, so maybe we'll get to find out what happened to the gamer. I'd also like to know about Tamela (the cutter) and Christine (the alcoholic). For some reason they and this gamer were the ones that tugged most at my hearstrings. I hope things got better for all of them.
    I am hearing from a source close to Tamela that she is doing well, and working in her chosen field (acting, singing).

I, so maybe we'll get to find out what happened to the gamer. I'd also like to know about Tamela (the cutter) and Christine (the alcoholic). For some reason they and this gamer were the ones that tugged most at my hearstrings. I hope things got better for all of them.
    I want to know what happened to Tommy the homeless coke addict. He and Tamela are my favs. Tommy seemed like a really nice but lost guy. I felt badly for him. Tamela was in so much emotional pain that I just wanted to give her a hug and help her some how. Not like some of the abusive jerks that treat their families like crap. They both seemed like decent people.

Gary (the gambler - high ID guy) was interesting, but I hated his attitude toward his parents. Totally immature. Sad really. I wonder if his folks really cut him off.

Anyone else have a fav?

FORT Newbie
    [QUOTE=J.D.]Oh yeah, I definitely watched. Never miss it.

Mark is so selfish - his wife is sooo sick - and I don't think he even notices. He's so wrapped up in getting high - I mean he's taking some pretty hefty doses of pretty hefty drugs. I know he's in pain, but sometimes that's just the way it is. He's got a morphine pump inside him and is taking 240 mg of oxycontin - Nobody can be in that much pain, can they? There comes a point where more drugs just can't help. I think he's wayyy past that point. I just can't imagine any one doctor prescribing that much oxy for anyone.

Yes, 240 mg of oxycontin is a large does, but necessary for those who are might be like Mark's wife and terminally ill. This medication is useful in those who need it since it can be titrated to higher does as needed when severe pain results from an illness like cancer. It is unfortunate when others abuse it.

Mark is an example of a person gone wrong with a treatment of a medical diagnosis that was my guess initjally treated by narcotics, but a psychological need/threshold grew as time went on with his chronic pain. However, it is important to remember there are those, especially the elderly, live in pain or are under-medicated due to the concern with addiction to narcotic medication which isn't a good quality of life also.

I never mentioned this before but Tina's brother could make a great living being a Bill Clinton impersonator! Did anyone else see/hear the resemblance? AND HIS NAME WAS BILL! Anyway, I hope she's one of them they do an update on. I'm happy for her and her family that she went back to treatment and stayed the second time.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by realornot
    I never mentioned this before but Tina's brother could make a great living being a Bill Clinton impersonator! Did anyone else see/hear the resemblance? AND HIS NAME WAS BILL! Anyway, I hope she's one of them they do an update on. I'm happy for her and her family that she went back to treatment and stayed the second time.

As a matter of fact I did. It drove me crazy. I hated Clinton's whiny voice, and this guy had that same type. Did not like the way he put himself over everyone else.

Could you see the difference in her when she was clean? Her eyes completely changed. Clear. It was nice to see - and I, too, hope she sticks with it.

Quote Originally Posted by emily13
    Sometimes they run the show from the prior night at 2am Monday.
    So if you miss it you can just wait 3 hours and try again. Who needs sleep anyway?

+ Reply to Thread