+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

FORT Fan
    I don't think we've seen an intervention that went as smoothly as Randi's. I'm not even sure the family even needed to read the letters they wrote although it's good that they did.

As far as Michael's goes, no way would I have been a part of that intervention unless I knew the police was right outside the door in case trouble started. Thanks

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by paulvons
    As far as Michael's goes, no way would I have been a part of that intervention unless I knew the police was right outside the door in case trouble started. Thanks
    I agree 100% - no way would I even be in that room with him. I think the interventionist was a bit nervous. He's usually more agressive, but he didn't seem to trust Michael.

That's a good point. He was very quiet tonight. He usually talks a lot.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

I'm on the West coast, so at 10:30p I'm still seeing the stories unfold. But when I see people like Michael, who are completely subsidized by their parents, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THESE PARENTS DO THIS. I'm the mother of an 18 year-old daughter, and I would never allow her to eat, drink, break things as an adult, while I was paying for everything. He's caused $20,000 in damages . Wtf is he still doing living in the house, abusing everyone? Who's paying for his alcohol and drugs? Dad, right? This should have been addressed (and he should have been forced to move out) YEARS AGO. In the meantime, the brother is forced to live with an out-of-control brother, having to walk around on eggshells? I'm a very loving person, honest , but I would have no patience for this nonsense. /endrant
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

This was a frustrating episode. Rageaholic? Or just a punk? You can tell he likes to fight, but is he really addicted to it?

And in Randy's pre-intervention? Why was there such hatred toward the boyfriend? It would have been nice to hear a little more about why they didn't want him involved. The mom seemed to just hate him. There's has to be more to the story than just the fact that he's "attracted to a meth addict." (as mom put it, I believe)

I've been on vacation (yay!) so I had to get caught up on my shows last night. I just saw the "video game addict" for the first time yesterday. He was CREEPY! He struck me as lazy, really. And the mom -- yuck! She caused some of these "problems." It was clear he had little use for her.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

I'm so excited to hear that they are doing a follow-up episode. I have been hoping they would let us know how they are all doing. That will be an interesting show.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

Quote Originally Posted by paulvons
    I don't think we've seen an intervention that went as smoothly as Randi's. I'm not even sure the family even needed to read the letters they wrote although it's good that they did.
    The White House intern went right away too. I saw her on OPrah later and her sister read her the letter she had prepared for her intervention but never got to read. I thought it was wrong to lay that on her now that she is working hard to remain sober. What was the point? To make her feel bad about something she isn't doing anymore? It came off as selfish on the sister's part.

Quote Originally Posted by realornot
    This was a frustrating episode. Rageaholic? Or just a punk? You can tell he likes to fight, but is he really addicted to it?

And in Randy's pre-intervention? Why was there such hatred toward the boyfriend? It would have been nice to hear a little more about why they didn't want him involved. The mom seemed to just hate him. There's has to be more to the story than just the fact that he's "attracted to a meth addict." (as mom put it, I believe)

I've been on vacation (yay!) so I had to get caught up on my shows last night. I just saw the "video game addict" for the first time yesterday. He was CREEPY! He struck me as lazy, really. And the mom -- yuck! She caused some of these "problems." It was clear he had little use for her.
    Michael gets off on intimidating people. That is his drug. I bet someone abused him and he's scared so he attacks first. (I should have been a shrink). Or maybe he just has a very small penis. (That wasn't nice now was it)?!

His dad needs to change the locks and that glass front door needs to go. I can't believe he didn't break that yet. What was the dad shipping in the boxes? Does the little brother get counseling too? I can't imagine having to live with someone that beat you down until you passed and they broke their hand. What was the dad thinking to make the younger son live like that?

I think Randi's mom thought it was improper for a sober person to spend so much time with a using addict. She smelled a rat in the boyfriend. Maybe she felt that if he gets off on hanging around addicts that in some why he would want Randi to remain sick. There are people like that out there that like the "job" of being the one "helping" the addict and don't want to become un-employed.

That video game dude needs to cry for about a year and a half and yell at some people. He looks like he's suffocating and can't handle his emotions. He can't trust his mom and his dad can't handle it so he has no one but the girl and he's not good at trust so he isn't letting her help him. Vegging is just easier than feeling all the pain he's been bottling up. He's been doing this for years. He just looks so empty.

I hope they all get the help they need.

Done ranting.
    Last edited by Nike7; 07-11-2005 at 11:07 AM.

FORT Fan
    The video game addict reminded me of the alcaholic who accepted the treatment to get his dog back. They both said yes to getting help but for the wrong reasons and it didn't work in either case. Thanks

I missed last night's episode, so I can't comment on those two people.

Realornot, why did the video game addict strike you as creepy? I thought he was one of the saddest cases they had and I really empathized with him. He was so thin and pale--he looked worse than the alcoholic homeless guy did! And he seemed so sad. His mother had abandoned him when he was only 12--and for such a stupid reason!--and his father was working all the time to support him and his brother. He'd tried to kill himself when he was 14. Obviously, he felt like he couldn't trust anyone anymore, and he wouldn't risk opening himself up to anyone emotionally. He just sort of shut down internally and the only "thrills" he could find were from video games...because like he said, video games are predictable and won't hurt you. People are not predictable and can hurt you a lot. He obviously loved that girl (his friend) a lot, but like someone else said that was *not* the way to get him help. The only reason he went was because she said she wouldn't be his friend anymore if he didn't; he wasn't ready to accept help so the stint in rehab didn't do him any good. I understand the family's reasoning behind that, but ultimately, it was a waste of time. I hope that the friend helps him to really start communicating better--her problem was that she became upset when he shut down, instead of trying to figure out *why* he was ignoring her. In his case I think a loving, supportive family would serve him better than a team of doctors. His mother was queen of the b*tches.

+ Reply to Thread