+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Quote Originally Posted by reality_emily
    I knew he'd accept help since he had no other choices - no money, nearly nothing left, although did anyone else notice the laptop computer (opened up?!) in his storage shed? Surprising that he didn't sell that a long time ago. I thought it was interesting too that they never showed him using coke - maybe he just wouldn't go there on the show.
    Good eye. I noticed the laptop too. I'm sure that would have been the next thing to go. I think he was so ashamed of his addiction that I doubt if he used in front of anyone, much less a camera crew. He wasn't like allot of the "screw you I'll do what I want" people. Tommy seemed to be in pain and walled off with his drugs. I hope he stays sober. But then again, I always hope they do.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    The addicts on the episodes, from my point of view, have definitely NOT hit bottom. When you see a meth addict (last week, and 2 times before that) with diamond rings on her hand...

Then there's the weight issue. These folks look rather healthy. On the outside, anyway.

Tommy looked pretty healthy, too. But who pays for all of this stuff? A storage garage? All of his stuff in there would also be long gone, the money spent on coke.

How do I know? I've been there.
    The point of the intervention is to help the people realize that they need help before they have to hit bottom. The family raises the bottom and lets them know what will happen if they don't stop instead of letting it continue and having to do the stuff (cut them off, kick them out) as the problem progresses. The whole point of an intervention is to get them help sooner, when less damage has been done, rather than later.

At one time I had a storage shed with everything I had left in it too. It was much smaller than that one but I had been paying rent on an apartment before so it didn't seen like allot of money to be paying in comparison. After a while I did get rid of it and store stuff at my "friends". Tommy may have paid a bunch of months in advance and just have credit there or something.

I agree that the people do still look a heck of allot better than I did at 5'7" and 113 pounds but they have people trying to help them before they get there.

Congrats on your sobriety.

Wow!!!
    Did I kill this thread?
    I didn't mean to.
    Maybe someone will have comments about the show tonight.
    One of the people is surposed to be a rage-a-holic.
    This should be interesting TV.

I'll be watching the show but don't know if I'll be commenting until it's over..
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I am watching it too!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Randi said, She rather be a meth addict or dead than fat...I rather be fat. Pass the doughnuts.

Michael needs a can of whoop a**! Oops, thats his problem!

Michaels a punk. I wish I could whoop his a**. He is such a thug. I cant stand thugs.

I just realised I am commenting to myself.

YIKES!

Going to comment when this is over. Dullsville when you are commenting to yourself.

I'm here. That Michael is dangerous! And I'll bet Randi's boy knows she's not normal. What a healthy home life.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

+ Reply to Thread