+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 69 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Intervention (A&E)

Last week was a repeat but it was my understanding (being a new viewer, I could easily be wrong) that the previous two weeks were new episodes. Hope they're still making more new ones! Anyone know for sure?

Emily

If I remember correctly, at the end of the repeat last Sunday, it said the next show is a new one. It's following a heroin addict and a cocaine addict.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    If I remember correctly, at the end of the repeat last Sunday, it said the next show is a new one. It's following a heroin addict and a cocaine addict.

They've shown the coke addict guy twice before, but never the heroine addict.

It's a pretty successful show, I can't imagine it not being picked up again.

Please post, anyone, if you hear!

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    They've shown the coke addict guy twice before, but never the heroine addict.
    Last night's episode claimed to be "all new", so maybe Tommy was a different coke addict? He was cute and looked an awful lot like a guy (also named Tommy) that I dated in college - minus the coke habit! I am so glad he went to rehab, got a new job, and found a new life in Taos. I got teary-eyed when he was playing with his sweet dog in the end. I knew he'd accept help since he had no other choices - no money, nearly nothing left, although did anyone else notice the laptop computer (opened up?!) in his storage shed? Surprising that he didn't sell that a long time ago. I thought it was interesting too that they never showed him using coke - maybe he just wouldn't go there on the show. He was a class act compared to most of these folks, although they did show him stealing the Mochacino or whatever - and the breakfast at the hotel.

I was really glad that heroin girl got help - she needed it badly. Hope she can stay clean. Her life was just pitiful.

Who else watched? Thoughts? I love this show - it seems very real compared to most reality shows.

That was definitely the Tommy they showed previously. I'm not sure why they had him on again, but I was thrilled to see he had been clean for so long. And, oh Rachel... thank God she got some help. I'm proud of her for getting "role model of the week." Way to go, girl.

As a side note... When a camera crew tapes a guy stealing a beverage from a convenience store, aren't they also guilty of the crime? Do you think the producers paid for what he took at the store or for the breakfast at the hotel? If I were taping him, I would feel responsible.

And, Emily, I too love this show. It's so interesting. I have a few kids and I swear I should save these episodes on tape and let them watch them when they get a little older.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

Quote Originally Posted by realornot
    And, Emily, I too love this show. It's so interesting. I have a few kids and I swear I should save these episodes on tape and let them watch them when they get a little older.
    You really should - it is powerful. I have a dear friend whose brother is an addict, and I just told her about this show. I hope that she watched last night and gets her family involved - her brother is ripe for an intervention. I am sure this show has helped others, and it would make all my reality-tv watching worth the time if I could help one person in some way.

Emily

I love this show, too! I've said before, I think some of these grittier episodes should be required viewing in high school, or possibly even middle school. Perhaps seeing the true, unflattering reality of drug use might persuade some young impressionable kids to kick a soccer ball around instead of experimenting with drugs because they're bored.

On a side note, reality emily, I don't think I've seen you around here before.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    On a side note, reality emily, I don't think I've seen you around here before.
    Thanks! I just found this site a couple of months ago, which is amazing since I've been watching reality for years and years. This is a great place to hang out!

Emily

FORT Fan
    I'd be curious to know how much was edited out of the Tommy segment. I think it was his wife or ex wife who mentioned his volatile temper but unless I missed it we didn't see any example of that. He seemed like a pretty pleasant guy compared to a lot of the addicts they've shown on this show. Thanks

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by paulvons
    I'd be curious to know how much was edited out of the Tommy segment. I think it was his wife or ex wife who mentioned his volatile temper but unless I missed it we didn't see any example of that. He seemed like a pretty pleasant guy compared to a lot of the addicts they've shown on this show. Thanks

I've sort of touched on this subject too. The addicts on the episodes, from my point of view, have definitely NOT hit bottom. When you see a meth addict (last week, and 2 times before that) with diamond rings on her hand, and all sorts of other nice jewelry, etc., she even mentioned that she has medical insurance. Those are long gone before someone goes down - and so is everything else. Hello Mr. Pawnbroker.... Then there's the weight issue. These folks look rather healthy. On the outside, anyway.

Tommy looked pretty healthy, too. But who pays for all of this stuff? A storage garage? All of his stuff in there would also be long gone, the money spent on coke.

How do I know? I've been there. If I can recover, they can. I was much worse than they are. Of course every story is different, and it breaks my heart to hear some of their stories.

I wish all of the families the very best.

+ Reply to Thread