+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will TAR lose it's February start date?

Will TAR lose it's February start date?

Good news for Star Search and Meet My Folks Fans.

From Yahoo

Reality TV has claimed two more scripted victims: CBS' "Presidio Med" and "Queens Supreme."

In one swift move, the network on Monday ordered a second cycle of "Star Search" while killing "Presidio" and dethroning "Queens."

"Presidio Med" has averaged 7.2 million viewers after eight airings on Wednesday at 10 p.m. The drama shuts down production this week after completing 14 episodes, and its slot will occupied by "48 Hours Investigates."

"Queens" aired just three times on Fridays at 10 p.m., attracting 7.1 million viewers. The show had already wrapped production on all 13 episodes of its CBS order. Its slot will be filled with a rotating wheel of "CSI," "CSI: Miami," "Without a Trace" and "48 Hours Investigates."

"Star Search," which airs its first tournament finale Feb. 6, will return with another batch of nine episodes on Wednesdays and Fridays at 8 p.m. starting Feb. 19. The return of "Star Search" had been expected, given the show's strong performance -- particularly in young demos.

The decision to keep "Star Search" going means that Wednesday-night reality entry "Amazing Race," which is currently filming its fourth installment, may not return until late spring or summer.

Separately, NBC has ordered seven more episodes of the hit reality show "Meet My Folks," which has scored big for the network since returning to the schedule on Saturday at 10 p.m. last week. The premiere is part of a three-episode arc with eight women competing for one man and a trip to Europe.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Noooooooooooooooooooo!

But I've had suspicions, with some sketchy evidence, that indicates at least a March start date.

This sucks. CBS does not know they have something good when they have it right on their hands
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

That would really suck, especially if they do it because of something as lame as Star Search
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

OK, what this means is that we all have to BOYCOTT Star Search so it goes away, shouldn't be too hard right?
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

FORT Fanatic
    I've been watching Star Search, and I find it entertaining. I think CBS is making a mistake thought ordering more of it. But thats a good idea to boycott it. hehe
    ScreencapCentral.com
    --Brian S.

lol_its_fun
    Originally posted by raindance
    This sucks. CBS does not know they have something good when they have it right on their hands
    Totally agree. The survey we have done recently indicated that over 90% of the members here would pick TAR if they only have time to watch one reality show.
    Attached Images Attached Images

i'm sending a feedback message to CBS, asking them when TAR's starting, as well as enquiring about the promotion of TAR as a tv show. when I do get a reply, i'd post here.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

great, can't wait to read it raindance!
    February 1 it all begins.
    .:*:.Elven Angel.:*:.

ah... but you know how these tv stations are. you wait very long for a reply, then they give you a standard formatted reply. I did refer them to this site to let them know how popular TAR is. Hope John doesn't mind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast