+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has there ever been a Kids' Reality Show?

Simple Life 1,2 and 3

FORT Newbie
    There was one a while back for teenagers called Moolah Beach. The challenges looked really fun.
    Peace, Love, and Harmony.

FORT Newbie
    The Noggin Channel has their "Boys V. Girls" reality series. The cast members aren't really kids, more like 16 year-olds. I think the show is targeted to much younger viewers though.

Well, I've heard that there was this show called Scary camp (Or something else). There was like some ghost story haunting a certain camp, so one team of boys and another of girls try to figure out what happened, and release the soul of the ghost haunting the camp.

I think the girls won.

I think it was made sometime in 2000.
    I LOVE KATAMARI!
    YOU LOVE KATAMARI!
    WE LOVE KATAMARI!

<- The Shark Is This
    ^
    | THERE HE IS!!!!!!

I SERIOUSLY hope that reality shows for kids is not something that ever becomes a trend, other than the sparse semi-reality ones mentioned here. Children have a hard enough time growing up these days without their minds being clouded by what passes for 'reality' on 'reality' shows. There are a lot of adults who truly believe that what happens on reality shows is the way real life actually is for people, so it would be no stretch of the imagination at all for kids -- who's minds are much more malleable -- to fall into that same misguided trap. Kids are already subject to so much influence from peers, magazines, movies, tv shows, VR games, etc... I'd hate to see kids start growing up with their behaviour influenced by what they might see on 'reality tv'. Let them experience and develop a real life and real life behaviour of their own before shoving peer group 'reality shows' down their throats and confusing them about behavioural norms.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses
    I SERIOUSLY hope that reality shows for kids is not something that ever becomes a trend, other than the sparse semi-reality ones mentioned here. Children have a hard enough time growing up these days without their minds being clouded by what passes for 'reality' on 'reality' shows. There are a lot of adults who truly believe that what happens on reality shows is the way real life actually is for people, so it would be no stretch of the imagination at all for kids -- who's minds are much more malleable -- to fall into that same misguided trap. Kids are already subject to so much influence from peers, magazines, movies, tv shows, VR games, etc... I'd hate to see kids start growing up with their behaviour influenced by what they might see on 'reality tv'. Let them experience and develop a real life and real life behaviour of their own before shoving peer group 'reality shows' down their throats and confusing them about behavioural norms.
    I agree. I've seen Endurance and it disturbs me to see kids form alliances, publicly insult each other and become so competitive. It's like high shool/jr. high, but magnified and re-aired in repeats.

I was going to say TAR8 but someone already said it.

I'd hate to see kids start growing up with their behaviour influenced by what they might see on 'reality tv'. Let them experience and develop a real life and real life behaviour of their own before shoving peer group 'reality shows' down their throats and confusing them about behavioural norms.
    I've been watching reality tv since I was 10. Survivor.
    Favorite Reality Tv Quote Ever:
    "You have to do it. You have to accomplish your dreams." - Charla, The Amazing Race 5

FORT Regular
    There have been a couple in the UK - though it's kid bordering on adult.

The most famous is Brat Camp (another C4 show I believe ABC are making a US version of!) in which six or seven UK brats - around 15-18 - are sent to a real-life "Brat Camp" in the middle of Utah - where they will remain until they learn to behave.

The other main one is "That'll Teach 'Em" in which a mix of UK school children attend a 1950's Grammer school (2nd series 1960's Secondary Modern) for a month just after taking their exams - so there all 16.

We also had Teen Big Brother - but all housemates in that were 18.

Another one I've just remembered - though it didn't last long - is "Trust Me - I'm a Teenager" again on C4. IIRC three teenagers observe a family for a week or so. The teenagers then come up with a list of rules and activities Wife Swap style which the family must live by in an effort to improve their life.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Their have a quite a few actually. They even have some kids decorating rooms i think on nbc early mornings?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

There is an old one called "Hidden Temple" that reruns on Noggin, I think it was on Nick first. Sort of an endurance game show thing.

Boys vs Girls Montana. Trading Spaces Boys vs Girls. Nick also has a family game show thing.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast