+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bridezillas

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    I've been looking for people who watch this. Did anyone see the episodes with the nerdy guy and his Japanese bride?
    I'm curious if anyone else thought that this marriage is doomed.
    I thought so! It was almost as if she really didn't even like him. He was so enamoured, and so ready to accept her for who she is (cold cold cold) but I just don't get why she wanted to marry him, unless there was something unfortunate like a visa involved.

My criticism of the show, however, has to be how the brides are portrayed. The voiceover is so snide that you have to know the whole show is slanted. Sometimes the action isn't even all that remarkable, but the narrator will say something like "next, so and so will have a blow up just because something doesn't go her way" and you see the bride frown because a cab didn't stop. Big deal.

She looked like she couldn't stand her fiance! Did you see when they were taking pictures after the wedding and he tried to kiss her and she jerked out of the way and shooed him away? What is up with that?! YOU JUST MARRIED THE GUY! That relationship is terrible.

MalibuPam, you're right, but of course the show is called Bridezillas after all. The show is about psycho brides. They have to show them getting upset over everything.

I also get a kick out of that one woman, can't think of her name now, who is so into herself. Just hilarious.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    When and what channel does this come on?
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

I kept waiting for Miho (sp?) to show some sign of affection for her fiancee, even a smile, but all she could muster was contempt. I felt so sorry for him; he actually seemed frightened of her. It's got to be about the visa.
    Realityluvr, the show is on WE, the women's network, but I have TiVo, so I don't remember when it airs.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Thanks Candor, I'll have to look that up and see if I can catch it.

In Minnesota it is on Mondays at 9 pm on WE. So if you're in the East it's probably Mondays at 10 pm. But you better check your local listings.

I think there's only 1 show left, but I could be wrong.

I remember remarking to my husband that Miho had no love for that schlep she married.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I found a listing for it airing today (Sun) at 6 pm too. I wonder if this was last week's show. At least I'll get to see a couple of them.

This Sunday there is a marathon of all the episodes, in case anyone's interested.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Bridezillas

I don’t normally watch Divorce Court, but it was on just now at the salon where I was getting my nails done. I totally cracked up – Kirsten Walker (one of the former Bridezillas) and her husband were on Divorce Court! They were also on one of the other court shows when the bandleader for the wedding sued them for not paying.

The only thing left for them now is TruTV on a live trial when he’s arrested for murdering her. But there’s not a jury in the country who would convict him – he’d get off on justifiable homicide if her TV appearances could be placed into evidence. They’d probably give him a medal.

I don’t normally condone violence – but this woman could make me change my mind.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast