+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Bridezillas

LG.
    Good luck with everything, bride-to-be, and welcome to the site.

If you make up your mind to have a good time and not sweat the little things, then you will have a happy wedding day. I got married about 7 years ago and our wedding was 10 days after I took the bar exam. Were there some minor snafus with the plans. Sure. Did I let it spoil my fun at the party of my life? Hell no. When else will all of your friends and relatives come to some party you throw? Unless you live next door to all your friends and family, probably never.

All you need for a legal marriage is:
    a marriage license from the appropriate county,
    a licensed officiant,
    requisite signatures and witnesses

Everything else is DETAILS. The women on this show are so caught up in the details that they are totally missing the point. You're starting a marriage, so start it off on the right foot.

Just my two cents.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I agree LG.
    It makes no sense to me to spend thousands on a wedding that could be spent on a home.
    "That's Numberwang!"

The money spent on weddings makes me ill.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by fluff

It makes no sense to me to spend thousands on a wedding that could be spent on a home.
    I agree. Of course, your wedding day is a special one, but it's all symbolic, ya know? Spending $90K on a wedding (ONE DAY of your entire live) does not make your marriage any stronger that the person that just goes to the JP & has a 10 minute ceremony.
    We had a modest wedding & a year later bought a house that we are still living in for the past 9 years! Much better investment that spending it on a bash!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

This show was hilarious and like Holly, I too want an update on all these couples somewhere down the road.

Just re-inforces my plan to never tie the knot!
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

You guys should watched Mtv's True Life's I'm Getting Married that was scary and funny at the same time.

I spent around one thousand on my wedding, and the biggest portion of it was the rental of the ranch where we had the ceremony/party (around 400$).
    I made my own dress (which was really cute) and my husband catered. We sat around 80 people (small), but it was a great wedding, and we bought a house one year later.
    I seriously don't understand people who spend that much money in one day. That's just unreasonably absurd. These girls need a reality check.

I didn't realize this show went around before. I saw my first episode yesterday. It looked like pretty basic bride stuff to me. These are upscale weddings in NYC and that is just what they cost, if you want to have 200 people and feed them a nice catered dinner with all the trimmings. Necessary? No. But, my concern is elsewhere. I wonder what they told these couples to get them to do the show. I can just about guarantee it wasn't, "Hi, we're doing a show about Bridezillas, and we're going to follow you for 3 months and then edit out all but the worst, and we'll have the narrator make fun of you every step of the way."

Is anyone still watching this besides me? Man, these ladies are nuts. It's good entertainment, though. Let's me know how NOT to act if I ever get married.

I've been looking for people who watch this. Did anyone see the episodes with the nerdy guy and his Japanese bride?
    I'm curious if anyone else thought that this marriage is doomed.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast