+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: The Oscars

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    They need to lose Star Jones doing the red carpet. She bugs. For every word a celebrity says she says 10....and they're all about herself.

Due to a very deranged sleeping schedule, I slept through most of the Oscars last night. So I would like to thank all you fine people for posting all your thoughts so I could almost feel like I watched the whole thing. I'm so sad I neglected to set my VCR, I would have loved to see the Carson montage.

I did try to watch the pre-show, until Star Jones started to make me gag. I agree with EXlurker, she manages to make every interview about herself. Apparently she made some comment about late-night talk-show hosts comparing her to the Goodyear blimp, so today John Stewart (Daily Show) said: "I have never made disparaging remarks about her weight, I have merely pointed out that she's an insanely self-centered woman who lives 3 feet up her own ass."

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Damn, Halle Berry is perfectly beautiful. It's mind-boggling.

Am I the only one who thinks Renee Zelleweger looks like death? She's pale as milk, and with that black hair and starved figure, she looks to me like she's about to keel over.
    I agree with both those sentiments. And I thought the best dress of the night was one which you apparently either love or hate: Hilary Swank's. I loved the front, I loved the back, and I loved the color.

And I can't really comment on Chris Rock as I only caught about the first half hour of the show. But normally I like him, and I was looking forward to seeing him host the awards, but I was cringing at his jokes about Jude Law and others. But humour is a very personal taste, and lots of people weren't offended. So don't go by me.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by misscrispy
    As I read through these posts, I get the feeling that people who are just into awards shows like Chris Rock just fine--he's a funny guy. On the other hand, people who are really into film didn't like his style for this show.
    Not me. I am not really into award shows. I am however, very into film. I love every aspect about movies. I thought Chris Rock did a good job.
    So, your opinion but, people who are really into film =like me= liked his style a lot.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots

I did try to watch the pre-show, until Star Jones started to make me gag. I agree with EXlurker, she manages to make every interview about herself. Apparently she made some comment about late-night talk-show hosts comparing her to the Goodyear blimp, so today John Stewart (Daily Show) said: "I have never made disparaging remarks about her weight, I have merely pointed out that she's an insanely self-centered woman who lives 3 feet up her own ass."

I was watching last night when he said this. It was awfully funny.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

xoxo
    FINALLY!!! Mr. Morgan Freeman won an Oscar ! i love Morgan Freeman; he's such an amazing actor! all of the winners last night, he was the 1 i was most excited 2 c winnin an Oscar! Congratz, and i hope to see him win again!
    "There is no shame in going out fighting and getting your ass kicked, but there is no honor in not fighting at all." - The Undertaker

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Sean Penn might be a good actor but he's a humourless idiot.
    Can someone please tell me what comment Sean Penn made? I missed it.

for Beyoncé's performances! Great job, controlled and well structured voice. She wasn't doing her usual thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMamba
    Can someone please tell me what comment Sean Penn made? I missed it.
    he asked someone please pull the stick out of his butt! (joking)

well I can't quote but, he was defending Jude Law
    Chris Rock was making jokes about a lot of people (including himself)
    was saying "who is Jude Law anyway"?? He's in every movie blah blah blah

Sean Penn came out to present and acted like an @ss
    And said something like
    Well I'll tell you who Jude Law is! He's a fine actor blah blah blah.

hope that helped

Quote Originally Posted by JamiLee
    well I can't quote but, he was defending Jude Law
    Chris Rock was making jokes about a lot of people (including himself)
    was saying "who is Jude Law anyway"?? He's in every movie blah blah blah

Sean Penn came out to present and acted like an @ss
    And said something like Well I'll tell you who Jude Law is! He's a fine actor blah blah blah.

hope that helped
    Thanks!!!!

FORT Newbie
    I thought Beyonce did a good job on the last two songs, but as for the french song, I found it offending to the writers and the original singers from the movie. Let me explain why: since French is my first langage, I should have been able to understand the song... Well, I had to look at the caption to actually recognize the words she was saying!! (and I recognized about 3 or 4 of them...) I was disappointed by the performance.
    But I liked the movie!!

+ Reply to Thread