+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Oscars

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    List the 10 then.

I love Chris Rock's HBO material, and his poltical convention coverage. I give him a lot of credit for poking fun of his own race, often with an underlying intent to inspire people to do better.

Viable hosts (other than Billy and Whoopi; I think I could stomach Robin because all you'ld have to put up with would be the opening, and his one-liners throughout the rest of the show probably would be good)
    I love Ellen
    Jim Carrey (too much conflict of interest?)
    who else? 10 viable hosts?

Conan and his pet, Triumph? Funny to me, but NOT the academy.

Where are all the funny people?

Quote Originally Posted by misscrispy
    I really didn't like Chris Rock hosting this show, mainly because he seemed to be making fun of the whole spectacle the whole time. .....As I read through these posts, I get the feeling that people who are just into awards shows like Chris Rock just fine--he's a funny guy. On the other hand, people who are really into film didn't like his style for this show.
    I understand your angle, but it really demeans those of us who liked Chris Rock and are "into film".

The bit at the theatre didn't make fun of the Oscar spectacle.

The worst Oscars ever, and I like Chris Rock, but the show just felt flat. Please get rid of the nominees standing on stage together, or giving awards away in the audience and add some suspense. I love to look at the loser's faces when they announce the winner, and they didn't show that! Still think Billy Crystal's opening montage is the funniest Oscar moments ever. Sean Penn might be a good actor but he's a humourless idiot. Beyonce looked like she was wearing the Chandelier that falls fall the ceiling in Phantom of The Opera during her performance of that song, and what was with that chartreuse eyeshadow during her first performance? Get a new stylist, B.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by misscrispy
    I really didn't like Chris Rock hosting this show, mainly because he seemed to be making fun of the whole spectacle the whole time.
    It should be made fun of. It's a bunch of famous people congratulating each other. They take it way too seriously, they're not curing cancer, they're not that important.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    It should be made fun of. It's a bunch of famous people congratulating each other. They take it way too seriously, they're not curing cancer, they're not that important.
    Amen to that! Sean Penn needs to take that stick outta his.....

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    It should be made fun of. It's a bunch of famous people congratulating each other. They take it way too seriously....
    Sean Penn takes it way too seriously.......

Well, you're right. In the grand scheme of things, not very important.

For me, the Oscars is a celebration of the great films of the year. For the actors ++ nominated, winning an Oscar solidifies your legacy in the medium, unless you're Marisa Tomei.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    The worst Oscars ever, and I like Chris Rock, but the show just felt flat. Please get rid of the nominees standing on stage together, or giving awards away in the audience and add some suspense. .

I thought all of the nominees standing on the stage looked dorky and why were they giving away the awards in the audience, I enjoy people going up on stage and feeling special in their moment. Yup this year's show was a bit flat....even the fashion was less than spectacular this year.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    I thought it was funny that beyonce performed 3 times and still lost. How wonderful.
    Beyonce wasn't up for an Oscar. She just sang some of the movie songs that were.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    link

Oscar presenter Tim Robbins makes a gesture toward host Chris Rock, after Rock's comments about his politics during the 77th Academy Awards (news - web sites) Sunday, Feb. 27, 2005, in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Mark J. Terrill)
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

If what I'm seeing is what I'm thinking than a :rolleyes to Tim Robbin too.

+ Reply to Thread