+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: The Oscars

Quote Originally Posted by funkalicious
    But you must agree that Beyonce is truely one of the most talented singers of this generation, compared to people like britney?
    I think she's a good singer and performer, but not one of the more talented singers of this generation. Some underexposed singers can give her a run for her money. I actually prefer Christina as a singer. She did an okay job IMO with the Phantom song, but the other two I found awkward.

Chris' opening monologue cracked me up. I'm sure Jude Law would've taken it in good stride, especially if he's aware of Rock's humor. I didn't like the two breast jokes, but I though the Magic Johnson Theatre thing was hilarious.

So happy for Jamie Foxx, Morgan Freeman, Cate and Hilary. Spider-Man even got something. I enjoyed the majority of the show.
    "The difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make sense."
    Good luck to the Good Guys on the Inferno!

Is there a transcript of Sean Penn's comments? I don't know how I missed him but I did and it sounds like one of the more contreversial moments!

I loved Chris Rock, he definately kept it low key compared to the damage I've seen him do on the MTV awards, etc. I chuckled, the President stuff was a litttttttle too much but I still was smiling. I'm sure Tim Robbins was laughing at that because he thinks Bush is the devil.

I thought the jokes about Jude Law were hillarious. I've even seen Jude Law say he is even getting sick of himself this year.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Ginger,

I haven't peeked for Sean Penn's verbiage, but... since you saw CR's opening monologue where he was saying, essentially, "who is this Jude Law guy and why is he everywhere?"... SP opened his presentation by saying something along the lines of "I apologize for my sense of humor, but Jude Law happens to be one of the finest young actors that we have today.... etc.." and went into majorly defending Jude Law. It wasn't an attack against CR, but it was deadpan, and showed that he truly either didn't get the joke, or deliberately looked beyond it to make his own point.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by misscrispy
    Yeah, he's losing me, too. The Oscars is not about a stand-up schtick--give us the awards and cheesey montages.
    I couldn't wait to read about the Oscars after watching the whole show (think it's the first time I watched from beginning to end)

I haven't read all the posts here yet, I've read up to this one and looks like I'm in the minority so far as Chris Rock goes. I LOVED him. I thought he was great and I was laughing out loud. I couldn't take another show with Steve Martin hosting (all his inside jokes blech)

Anyone notice (it may be here somewhere already ) Sean Penn had to say something about the joke about Jude Law? I think Penn is an amazing actor but, he needs to learn to shaddup!! I was so glad Chris Rock came back with what he came back with (very funny) some of these ppl (movie stars) need to take the stick out of their asses. Sean Penn and Julia Roberts (i can't stand that woman) they should move out over to France and live with Johnny Depp (insert throwup smilie here)

She can't just come out and do what SHE'S suppose to do!! When Denzel won she was hanging all over him. This time, she walks out and wishes someone happy b-day (she is so afkldjas) maddening! shaddup Julia and do your job. Then she has HAS got to get back in front of the camera again by cleaning up Clint's face (insert throwup smilie again)

Anyway, this was one of the best shows. Beyonce was WOW. My favorites finally won!! Clint Eastwood should have won for Mystic River so I'm glad he won. Hillary Swank I donno.....I was rooting for Annette benning but, I didn't see either movie so I didn't care too much.
    Morgan Freeman (I love that man)!! And Jamie Foxx!!
    I screamed! If Jamie hadn't have won ----I'd never watch again!!!!
    I LOVED his speech!!!
    Okay there's my say in this show. Really good!
    And finally (really I"m done)
    They all really looked amazing!! No bad dressed this year!! (I can't think of any) And Hilary's dress? looked nicer from the back. I thought she looked nice. Halle Berry definately bessed dressed. what a body.

Loved the whole show!!!
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Damn, Halle Berry is perfectly beautiful. It's mind-boggling.

Am I the only one who thinks Renee Zelleweger looks like death? She's pale as milk, and with that black hair and starved figure, she looks to me like she's about to keel over.
    I just talked to a couple of my friends about the show. Funny how we all differ with our opinions. One, like me, liked Chris Rock a lot. The other said he's awful and too much with the black white thing.
    We were all in agreement on Beyonce. She's great.
    Halle Berry...good lordy. She is GORGEOUS.
    And agreed again RENEE ........someone needs to put her in the hospital and force feed her. And the way she walked out on stage......
    I was hoping she'd trip (I'm so mean I know) but ewwww annoying.
    I still have yet to have read a post where someone else here liked Chris Rock a lot. (I think Billy Crystal is the best)
    I really liked Chris Rock. :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Yeah, and they'll probably throw old Ray Charles in there, too, given that his bio is up for so many awards.
    Ray Charles will be shown next year. (this is what someone just told me) they were showing the people who passed away in 2004? So,
    Im really not sure.

Same with Johnny Carson. I was wondering where they were and was told they'd be on next year.

I LOVED YO YO (whatta name) haha
    I actually thought about buying a cd of his. And I'm not into that kind of music. I just ordered Ray Charles cd
    never thought I'd be doing that.
    So glad Jamie won!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    I think most people understand that that is his style of comedy. He rips on EVERYONE. I prefer this to Star Jones' googly-eyed adoration and gushing on the red carpet. Hollywood should never take itself too seriously, especially at award shows.
    FINALLY!! I agree!

one good example is Sean Penn....(insert slap smilie here) blach!

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    I think they said it was his first Oscar, but 4th nomination?
    re: Morgan Freeman
    yes it is his first. (someone may have answered this already) this is one long thread!!

I was so happy he won. That guy is so classy!!! I really need to see that movie now. I kind of wanted to see it but, I really dislike boxing. It must be good to have won 4 awards though (well maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I will be laughing to myself all night recalling Robin Williams doing Jack Nicholson doing Bugs Bunny.
    He was really funny but, I couldn't watch him host.
    I want to grab him and sit him down and make him stop. It's like he's on speed.
    was great on the show though (JMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    Weird. I liked Chris Rock a lot. I always do, though. And Robin Williams friggin' exhausts me. If he were hosting, no way I'd watch.

Anyway, yay for Morgan Freeman. I love that guy.
    ditto on every word you said here Amanda!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread