+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TS: "Through The Roof". Sat March 5th 8pm

TS: "Through The Roof". Sat March 5th 8pm

From the official TLC site:

In this special, two sets of neighbors think they've signed on for a fun-filled regular episode of Trading Spaces. What they don't know is that when Paige gets them together for what they think is the key swap they receive the surprise of their life. Out of the TS trailer pours not just two designers and 1 carpenter, but the entire cast! That's right ... 10 designers and 3 carpenters Paige and Trading Spaces: Family host Joe Farrell make 15!

Through The Roof gives viewers a chance to see a whole bunch of Trading Spaces firsts. The first time the whole cast is together on one episode. The first time with no limit on the number of rooms to be redone. The first time these highly opinionated designers are forced to collaborate on redecoration. The first time that some of the designers will be "demoted" to mere "designer assistants" and have to take orders from the "official" designer team of 3. That's a lot of firsts.

Will it be a complete disaster? Or a breathtaking whole house transformation?

That actually sounds good. I havn't watched TS in about a year but this may make me come back.

I really just hope they don't go crazy with the budget.
    Do all the rooms, but only allow $1000 per room, none of this $50,000 nonsense.

questions
    1. Will Hildy be one of the "demoted"? Please, oh Please, Let it be yes!!!!
    2. Will it still be 2 days?
    3. And who will work on the other rooms when you only have one family per house?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Last time I checked the TS site most of the information about the show was still billed as "Coming Soon".

I'm assuming they'll split the designers into teams as there is a design team of three.
    It'd be far more entertaining to see Hildi take orders than dish them out, so hopefully she'll be demoted.
    I saw a pic at the official site of Laur, Laurie and Doug, all wearing green t-shirts, so I'm guessing they're a team.

They didn't say what the time limit was or what the budget was.

As for question three, no idea.
    It's all a little sketchy really as they haven't bothered to flesh out the site.
    I'll keep checking back though as those are interesting questions, Ili that I'd also like answered. Hopefully they can be before I bother watching the show.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    It'd be far more entertaining to see Hildi take orders than dish them out, so hopefully she'll be demoted.
    ITA fluff, I'd watch just to see them make Hildi stuff pillows for two days
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    It's supposed to be the "entire cast". We all know Jen's off doing the Town Haul's , and Ty is Happily Extreme , but what about dear Jon they spent so much time forcing down everyones throat as the "new designer"?

I think it will be a really fun show. It might be worth more than an hour , is it still listed as an hour show? I'm joining the "I'd love to watch Hildi do some pillow stuffing, catering or anything but designing" crew as well.

Am I the only one who watched?

First of all, the teams could pick their designers and the one couple chooses Hildi, John and Barry and then they have the nerve to be unhappy about their house? Do they watch this show? WTF? The revolving bed, the pyramid light in the ceiling, all that white paint. Blech.

The green team definitely did a better job and got way more work done. Plus, they actually redid the rooms instead of just adding touches to them like the other team did. I could identify with Edward and Christy's frustrations. Particularly since there didn't seem to be any good communication of what they were supposed to do. Loved Doug's wall and that office was fab.

I was when the one wife said that her bathroom, which is now covered with corrugated PVC, looks like a porta-potty.

Is this the first time we've seen Faber almost lose it? I can't blame him. You can't keep changing plans, especially when the wood has already been cut!

I was surprised by the team choices. If it was MY choice, I would've picked Laurie, Edward and Christy with Faber as the carpenter (and maybe Doug and Frank assisting). That way, my house would look great and I'd get to work with Carter!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I started to watch it, but had to finally switch channels. That was quite possibly one of the worst TS's ever, and there have been many. I don't know if they're going to do more of this format, but if they do, I certainly won't be watching them.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Fan
    I've never witnessed such a huge load of pointless mayhem.

Too many egos, too much chaos. It was #$!! near impossible to remember that this was a home design show and not a WWF Saturday night smackdown.

If I ruled the world I would invite Christy and Edward to come design a room in my home. They're not actually my favorites. But I feel so badly for how pitifully underused their talents were last night. And what the heck, at least I'd know these two would give me an elegant, functional room with no baggage and no chaos. Bring along Joe to supervise and Faber to handle carpentry duties and we'd have ourselves a dream team.

And Frank, you could be my French maid anytime!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast