+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Extreme Makeover about to be over?

FORT Newbie

Is Extreme Makeover about to be over?

I was wondering what exactly has happened to this board..It seems like people used to love to post about watching the shows and now it seems to be nothing.....Am I the only one still watching?

eny
    FORT Fogey
    Nothing is wrong with the board. People generally talk about what they are interested in. If they aren't talking - it means they aren't watching or interested.

Watching too many shows like this has diluted the ethusiasm. As with anything it gets old after a while. It's not like a scripted show like survivor where you can change the game rules. How many interesting ways can you show a face lift? I think it will fade to TLC afternoon status with a baby story and other human interest stories.

FORT Fan
    While I love some of the make over shows tis true I've gotten quite bored of many of them. Seems they're all basically the same just different titles.

POD
    FORT Newbie
    The problem with Extreme Makeover is two-fold; a bad time slot combined with repetitive, dull shows with lame characters. And now that it has been superceded by Home Edition, a show with higher production values and more emotional impact, no one really cares about the original.

To spare itself embarassment, expect ABC to pick it up next season for very few episodes and not give it a regular timeslot.

FORT Newbie
    lame characters or lame production value. all the shows seem the same and i think its the production format to blame. first of all, the makeover mansion is obviously fake, as there has to be multiple people undergoing these procedures simultaneously. it would be great if they could capture the reality of their actual lives while they are undergoing these transformations and the relationships they build with their fellow castmates, with a little more real world type coverage. sure, it would be more intrusive to the participants, but at least it would be real and more interesting. :phhht

POD
    FORT Newbie
    the mansion itself is a sham, they don't actually live there during their stay, it's just used as a set. seeing the characters interact would be great, but that would require too much work and imagination on the part of the producers so don't expect it to happen!

FORT Newbie
    How exactly do you know the patients do not stay at the mansion? WERE you on the show and know for a fact?

POD
    FORT Newbie
    Yeah, I think if the show had a "Real World Format' Every week 2 new people would show up at the mansion and two would leave, while multiple people in various stages of their makeovers would be living together and adjusting to their transformations, warts and all. That would be cool.... but it's not gonna happen!

How do I know about the mansion, well... I could tell you but I would have to kill you!

FORT Newbie
    POD's right..the mansion is just a set. the show blows! its a contrived reality and
    seems scripted, like the patients are told to express certain things, whether or not its really how they feel. i dont see it surviving an entire 4th season.

Ty Pennington is a tool!!!

XM
    Life

TOO SWEET

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast