+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Trading Spaces - Is it the end of the line?

Trading Spaces - Is it the end of the line?

I used to watch the show Trading spaces every time it came on. It was a pretty good show. I think that the show has lost its luster with everyone gettting their own shows.

All the myriad of new Trading spaces shows have just watered down the offering. I would think that it most likely has 2 yrs at most left.

I was an ardent watcher but with everyone leaving and also the shock value induced by putting designers who did horrific designs on a regular basis on for a while didnt help.

Its about time to pull the plug on it or redesign it.

I could see trading spaces with a $5,000 room limit. You can do much more with that than 1000.00 and not come off with some really funky rooms with hay on the walls, coffee cans on the ceiling etc. Plus it has gotten old to work with $1000.

Lets keep some good designers, Frank, Vern, Laurie, Ty, Amy Wynn, Hildi (if she got real- she has made some good rooms too), Edward, Doug (reign him in - he has got out there lately)

All in all, it has had a good run, but it is running out of gas..

I agree with you 100%.

I quit watching this show 2 yrs ago and basically watch HGTV and Clean House on Style. They are at least new and fresh. Although I do watch Clean Sweep on TLC, but they really do something with the money they get much better results than what they do on TS.

HGTV? BLA! It sucks. But I agree that now Paige is gone it wont last.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Sushi
    HGTV? BLA! It sucks. But I agree that now Paige is gone it wont last.
    Paige is gone??????

I agree Altus1966. I used to look forward to this show and stopped watching for about a year. I am back now and like the few new changes but it needs much more. A larger budget may help breathe some new life into it but if Paige is going I hold little hope. She is the glue that holds this show together.

Did anyone else watch it last night? I thought it was pretty funny. I've gotten to where I mostly don't watch it, though. I think it's time for them to give it up. Lately, the houses they've been doing don't even need done, IMO.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

FORT Fan
    I LOVED last night's parody! Somebody was thinkin' when they slipped this idea into the production meeting. lol

Purists would look at this episode and tsk tsk over how far down the show has gone since the days of Alex, Vern, etc. etc. But Trading Spaces hasn't been about home improvement for a bunch of seasons now. It's about personalities and entertainment and -- oh yeah -- some new colors and pillows in the room if they get around to that.

My only regret about last night's show was the damage done to that huge b & w piece of art that Doug found. I thought it was unique, wouldn't mind having it in my living room. I sorta teared up when they "crunched" it.

So whats the deal with Andrew DanJumbo on the show now? Is WHWO done?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I'm not sure why he's there.
    As soon as I found out Laura was one of the designers I tuned out as I really can't stand her.

I've seen the fabric she's covering that chair in used at least twice times before on TS.

This is the second week in a row that Andrew has been on the show. nothing mentioned about him being a guest carpenter these two times like it was last year.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast