+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Trading Spaces - Is it the end of the line?

Re: Trading Spaces - Is it the end of the line?

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2897312;
    I think Hilde has something to do with it, I never did like her designs or those of Kia, Edward or Doug. My #1 now is Frank. I always liked Verns' designs - but he is not on the website any longer. I like Christi also.
    Vern hasn't been on for quite awhile. His show is "Deserving Design" or something like that.

Recently saw Doug on an ep of "Moving Up" (I believe that is its name) and thought he looked sick., Really skinny.

I mentioned way up thread that Doug looked painfully thin last time I saw him on TS.
    He looked ill.

I actually liked Hildi's room from the latest TS, the one with the stone wall and shoji screens.
    Shame she didn't measure correctly so the screens fit exactly, with no spaces inbetween. I did like the room though, apart form the dresser and the picture of the fountain she attached to one of the screens.
    She finally did a wall treatment that looked good, even though I still think it's risky to cement blocks of stone to someone's bedroom wall.
    Lots of clean-up and potentially expensive repairs if they didn't like it, not that she cares of course.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2898894;
    I mentioned way up thread that Doug looked painfully thin last time I saw him on TS.
    He looked ill.

I actually liked Hildi's room from the latest TS, the one with the stone wall and shoji screens.
    Shame she didn't measure correctly so the screens fit exactly, with no spaces inbetween. I did like the room though, apart form the dresser and the picture of the fountain she attached to one of the screens.
    She finally did a wall treatment that looked good, even though I still think it's risky to cement blocks of stone to someone's bedroom wall.
    Lots of clean-up and potentially expensive repairs if they didn't like it, not that she cares of course.
    I just caught Edward's room. But The people seemed to like H's. (I wish wish wish wish they kept the "few weeks later part" I want to see if that sectional goes back in the room.)

I missed the Doug looks sick earlier in the thread. But I agree. Wonder what is going on? I wanted to feed the poor boy a cheeseburger or something (added benefit, he couldn't talk!)

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;2898280;
    Recently saw Doug on an ep of "Moving Up" (I believe that is its name) and thought he looked sick., Really skinny.

I just watched Moving Up and Doug did look bad. I guess we will have to investigate further.

I liked Hildi's stone wall as well, although it did remind me of something the Brady Bunch might have had. I had to laugh when the homeowner's mom pointed out that it might not be a good idea to put rocks above the bed as they are in California. They'd be in some trouble if an earthquake hit.
    CYA

FORT Fogey

Well, apparently it is NOT the end of the line. I just saw an ad that it is starting up again. They are persistant, you have to give them that!

Unless there are huge changes in the format I just don't see how this show can sustain itself. I stopped watching awhile back and tuned in again when Paige returned, hoping for some changes. Not a one. Not one tweak. Those damn rules, repeated every episode, key swap and premis that the home owners have something to do with the design remained.

Since I am a design show junkie I will check it out but hold little hope.

So many reasonable changes could make this show feel fresh, but will we get them? Probably not.

1. Bigger budget.
    2. Get a briefing from the home owners and give them what they ask. It was interesting to watch the Top Design people create those lofts to please the "owners".
    3. Have a crew paint the room. Nothing is more boring that watching people paint a room.

This is not too much to ask.

I haven't watched it in ages. It lost it's appeal a while back. In hit's heyday, it was my most favorite show. Hilde surely must have something to do with it. I've told this before here but I emailed them one time. I think it was after she put straw on the walls. I told them if Hilde needed something else to put on the walls, I could send them some of my dog's hair. Honestly, does she think she's being creative when she does that nutty stuff? There's a difference between creative and just plain crazy.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Even though Paige is hosting again, I haven't watched in years. A couple of seasons is fine but too repetitive for me.

A friend of a friend (of a friend, lol) was on Trading Spaces with Hilde and Laurie. Hilde redid their bathroom and covered the wall with faux flowers. They left it for a while, but said it collected dust like mad. I understand she wants to do "different" things, but her designs are so completely impractical.

Oh, and I haven't watched the show in years.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Wryle;3196957;
    A friend of a friend (of a friend, lol) was on Trading Spaces with Hilde and Laurie. Hilde redid their bathroom and covered the wall with faux flowers. They left it for a while, but said it collected dust like mad. I understand she wants to do "different" things, but her designs are so completely impractical.

Oh, and I haven't watched the show in years.

I remember that show! Horrible bathroom. I haven't watched in years either except for one episode when Paige came back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast