+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Trading Spaces - Is it the end of the line?

FORT Fogey

Re: Trading Spaces - Is it the end of the line?

If the producers of this show had assigned someone to check the message boards for feedback this show would be healthy today. You have to know when to make some changes to keep the show fresh. They bring back Paige to apply the chest paddles but they go back to the formula that tanked the ratings in the first place! The one good change they made was the 2 week after segment and now they have eliminated the one feature that perked the viewers.

And they still really think we want to see Hildi glueing impossibly stupid ideas to the walls. Have they even read feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;2773310;
    the only reason i knew when it was on and that paige was back was because she was on Ellen last week. otherwise i never would have paid it any notice.
    That's how I knew, too. I like Paige and I am glad she is back. Hilde can go away and never come back as far as I am concerned. I don't think I have ever liked a room she has done. Doug, I love. There has only been a couple of his rooms I have disliked.

I hope this show does better. I love it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey

Hilde out did herself last night. The shredded paper walls paled in comparison to putting a HUGE wall unit in front of brand new French doors in an office!

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2846693;
    Hilde out did herself last night. The shredded paper walls paled in comparison to putting a HUGE wall unit in front of brand new French doors in an office!
    Is she one of the only designers they use anymore? I've been avoiding watching her. I already saw one ep with her, and that is enough for 6 months in my mind. Sounds like she is worse than when the show was popular. (That French room she did based on art was very good). Maybe they hope people will turn in to see how she tortures the next victim? Before I would wonder which H they would get.

FORT Fogey

Hair. Edward looked good last night with his new haircut although it needs to grow a bit. He probably had to clipper it that short to match the sides. Again, Paiges bob is too exaggerated.

Frank. What on earth was he thinking, painting over loose wall paper? He knows better.

I didnt like either room and I knew immediately that a woman who has bright white woodwork, pale blue walls and a country sensibility is NOT going to want her fireplace wall painted brown! The room was hideous. Even if you liked autum colors it wasn't good.

FORT Fanatic

I used to love watching the original show, except for Hilde and her outrageous designs that were not endearing to anyone but her.
    I didn't like the show after Paige left. I was so excited to see Paige was coming back and I had hoped it would be like the old days.

Well I watched one program and it seems that everyone has become a designer/relationship therapists. This idea just doesn't appeal to me and I have not watched it since.

I really don't get why they take a good program and find the need to change everything. The only one I truly miss is Frank, he is such a sweetie! Oh well, I have found other shows that I do enjoy watching, so, so long Trading Spaces.

FORT Fogey

Frank is still on TS. He did a room last week. It was a disaster but her was there!

I just saw an episode with Frank doing a kitchen very nicely with a new floor, new countertops, somewhat whimsical but nice and Vern doing a family room in "country cottage". This episode is the kind that won me on Trading Spaces to begin with. Fantastic Episode..
    Last edited by just1paul; 04-03-2008 at 03:58 PM.

I missed Paige! I'm so happy she's back. I hope Hilde doesn't do many shows because her wall treatments are a little bit too much. Why can't she just be realistic and just be a good designer? I know she's known for being a terrible designer, but she should make people happy. The ratings aren't high because of her, no?

I think Hilde has something to do with it, I never did like her designs or those of Kia, Edward or Doug. My #1 now is Frank. I always liked Verns' designs - but he is not on the website any longer. I like Christi also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast