+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Trading Spaces - Is it the end of the line?

I think TLC needs to accept the fact that Trading Spaces has run it's course. It used to be a must see every week. Now, I hardly even watch it, much less get upset if I forget to tape it.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikai
    So whats the deal with Andrew DanJumbo on the show now? Is WHWO done?
    I don't think WYWO is done... but.. TS is suffering from a shortage of carpenters as yet another one has gone on to another show. They've only had Carter, Amy Wynn, and Faber for awhile now... and now Carter is doing the show Three Wishes with Amy Grant that's appearing on NBC.

I haven't heard that Carter is gone for good, but that he's doing both shows.

And I, too, despise Laura's designs.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

The last one with the Dad/Son trading was ok. But I don't like it without Paige.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

One I've liked for a long time is TS Kids. They do some really cool things for themed rooms. That one I still love.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Re: Trading Spaces - Is it the end of the line?

Did this show end? It just seems like it disappeared with no word whatsoever.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

I haven't watched it in such a long time. I used to be a big fan.

Now? Is it even still on? I think the boys vs girls is.

I still have one of the Trading Spaces books (the one about the designers and such).

I actually found it listed in my TV listings. It is still aired on TLC on Sundays at 11 am and noon. But they are repeats, not new shows. I don't think they are doing anymore new shows.

I think they killed this show by getting away from the original premise. Even though the crying people were talked about a lot doesn't mean that they are who we want to see. I want to see good design, and happy people. Not some wacked out design from Hildi just to see an OTT reaction. The extreme reactions will happen naturally IMO even if a designer truly tries to do a good job, just because their design style doesn't match the home owner's. But to fabricate crazy responses because the "designer" thinks of a crazy stunt and ruins a house is not good tv. Those people have to live there. Paint can be changed back, painted carpet is much more expensive to replace.

FORT Fogey

Well, not the end of the line yet! We have last gasp going on right now. Paige is back and so is the original format. Having her back is akin to using the paddles. STAND BACK!

I like Paige and she is making the hour feel more full. She offers an up beat reparte that evaporated when she left. Everyone was on and almost hyper last night. The hilarity felt sincere but will it last and why go back to the original format?

Bring her back but make some changes so it will feel fresh. Do we really have to suffer through the key swap (identical script) and $1000 budget again?

The rooms were lack luster. Hildi and her hideous wall coverings re-appeared. Does she think that is entertaining to watch? They also eliminated the two weeks after segment, big mistake. It was integral to the enjoyment to hear what they really thought after they came down from the high of the experience and could be honest with the decorator out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2771674;
    Well, not the end of the line yet! We have last gasp going on right now. Paige is back and so is the original format. Having her back is akin to using the paddles. STAND BACK!

I like Paige and she is making the hour feel more full. She offers an up beat reparte that evaporated when she left. Everyone was on and almost hyper last night. The hilarity felt sincere but will it last and why go back to the original format?

Bring her back but make some changes so it will feel fresh. Do we really have to suffer through the key swap (identical script) and $1000 budget again?

The rooms were lack luster. Hildi and her hideous wall coverings re-appeared. Does she think that is entertaining to watch? They also eliminated the two weeks after segment, big mistake. It was integral to the enjoyment to hear what they really thought after they came down from the high of the experience and could be honest with the decorator out of sight.
    I missed most of it, but I was so happy when they said they were bringing her back. HA!

I tried to watch it fairly recently (before she was back). It was so painful. NOt even so bad it is funny. Just awful. Awful.

I do hope they bring back the two-weeks later part. Still time to tweak it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast