+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Romance

Quote Originally Posted by foottrainer
    I got some info on Mark the Model.He has a website(I think) that is his name(markmastnet)I thinkIhave seen him ---I think in a Calvin Klein billboard.He is a bit cocky---but SSSSOOOOO DREAMY.He does not seem too bright--but I guess none of those guys are.

Gwen
    The guy is definitely good looking, but I have to say that I am impressed that none of the pictures on his gallery page actually show him pursing his lips like he did on show #1. That was hysterically, horribly, vain.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay
    Apparently it was created by Gene Simmons. They are competing for gym memberships, $50,000 cash and to be on the cover of Harequin Romance Novels.
    Well that answers why they would aspire to be the next Fabio. Cha-ching!

Gene Simmons is everywhere these days, reality-show-wise.

I was not aware of this show until I saw these posts.

My question is, did any of you see that dating show (I think it was filmed in Hawaii) where the girl picked her dream guy and after they flew off together to Mexico she confessed her "deep dark secret" that she used to date Fabio. That turned the guy off, which I did not understand. So I told my husband and he too thought it was creepy. So my question to any guys out there is, if you were dating a former beauty queen and she said she used to date Fabio, would that really be a deal breaker for you? It seems kind of silly to me.
    Last edited by Harvest; 03-22-2005 at 08:37 PM.

Hey, remember Fabio was the one that killed a duck w/ his head! LOL

Man, this Mr. Romance show was hilarious! The first one had me rolling literally on my bed laughing out loud. The poor Mark fool. And then in episode two, where they poked more fun at Mark and Tony....that just kind of got sad. At the end when Fabio made a comment about Being Mean doesn't always pay or whatever.....Adam and JT will probably get some karma action.

My favorite is Mark, I love that crazy red tattoo on his bicep.
    I slo feel bad for little Charles who is so sensitive and his little jungle book panther pose.

Yeah, I think Fabio said "Being mean isn't pretty." It was hard to tell with his accent. I did end up disliking those 2 actors by the end of the show because they were so mean.

On the recommendation of this thread I watched that episode, and now it's on my Season Pass because it was so entertaining! Cheesy classes and challenges, and behind-the-scenes drama. Two thumbs up!

FORT Newbie
    This show is hilarious!! My boyfriend actually discovered it while flipping channels - he wasn't even sure what Oxygen was! Now we're both hooked. That waxing scene this week was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! I was practicaly in tears, even though my boyfriend was wincing.

If I had to pick, I'd go with Chris. He's so damn cute!!

FORT Newbie

Mr. Sarcasm

I, too, accidentally found this show whilst flipping channels.

You have to love the cheese factor. But I think Oxygen knows what it is, and agree with the poster who said they were trying to objectify men.

I also agree that the Adam and TJ characters did come across as a little mean, and that Fabio was likely foreshadowing some new dramatic plot twist.

I've been laid up for a couple of weeks after being wounded in a dart contest, so I've had plenty of time to watch television and surf the Web. This is far preferable to my original plan to do some soul searching and light stretching until my frontal lobe healed.

I've found that it is far easier to search the souls of others than my own.

So, I've taken to psychoanalyzing the characters on all these reality shows.

It appears that there's this "brains" vs. brawn battle coming up.

The sculpted, chiseled airheads vs. the less beefy closer-to-regular-guy types. (Of course, a regular guy on a show full of models is still picking up every girl at the local bar.) The "regular" guys seem less self-obsessed and able to see the absurdity of the whole show.

And Adam, the guy who started his own talk show, is hillarious. He said he's a former model and actor. I'm guessing he showed up to this thing, saw all these "perfect", chiseled dudes with nothing beneath their well-honed facades, and thought -- "Jesus, I've got to live with these cream puffs for six weeks!?"

I just give the guy credit for doing something I've never seen done -- making a talk show on a reality show. Could you imagine someone doing that on Survivor? I think this talk show on a reality show is the beginning of the end for reality TV ... kind of like the snake eating his tail.

Is Mr. Romance quality TV? No. Is it entertaining? Absolutely.

Is Adam going to win? No way. But I voted for him in the viewer's choice contest. I wish there were a big fat guy with a PhD on there. I'd vote for him in a second!

FORT Newbie
    Oh, and welcome ME to the forum. Thanks, thanks, glad to be here. Don't worry, I'll be around all week. Try the fish.

I'm going to have to tune into this show. This thread is hilarious enough. Oh, and welcome, Slaggy.

FORT Newbie

Pretty Boys Gettin' Ugly

I'm ready to bet $300 that the cream puffs somehow turn on the brainier "mean" guys. I bet this will be like Survivor, only maybe there will be a cat fight. I don't think one of these guys would throw a punch though. No one would want to mess up their pretty noses.

You know what I'd love to see?

This crew stranded on an island with the crew from the Ultimate Fighter show.

That would maybe be the best show in the history of television.

FORT Newbie
    Mr. Romance is comedy. Did you see Tony get naked on the Adam Show? I love the MEAN guys. Justin shoulda beat up the hygene professor.

+ Reply to Thread