+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Romance

Okay, I couldn't sleep last night so I stumbled out of bed and turned on the TV and guess what TiVo picked up for me.

I think that Oxygen is trying to prove a point by objectifying men, but I think they didn't try hard enough. Not all of them are shallow. :rolleyes

Fabio looks like a muppet on steroids in this show and when you close your eyes he sounds like Ahnold. The foreshadowing is way too obvious and you can tell who the shows favorite is. Whether Adam takes it all or not remains to be seen, but Oxygen's attempt at a reality show really blows!

I must say that this was one of the FUNNIEST REALITY TV SHOWS ever. At least their premiere episode was. (so don’t hang me if the next shows are a dud). I laughed out loud a couple of times which is truly a difficult reaction to get out of someone skeptical as me. I haven’t laughed at a ‘reality show’ like that since Joe Schmo 1 & 2.

I thought this show would be a dud but taped and watched it later on and I am very glad I did.

It was hilarious they way they showed one model *I believe this was Mark Mast* say at least 6 separate times that he has been a model for 12 years and that is even the tag they give him under his name. He keeps saying it over and over and over that it is clear by putting in the show, the producers are making a mockery of him and he doesn’t even realize it. This guy even tore up his ‘report card’ because he was given a D during the first photo shoot challenge. He was told by the woman who was judging THAT IS the person who makes the decision on who goes on the cover of these books, that he came across to aggressive in some of his shots and pointed out his use of a whip as being over the top. Then they cut to this fool bitching about how he has been a model for 12 years (again) and he knows what is good and saying this woman is full of ship because he only had the whip in one of the 5 shots, THEN, BOOM, the show cuts to 4 clips with boom, boom, boom, boom like music showing all his pictures had the whip in them!!

They did this a few other times where they have these guys saying one thing (usually cocky) and then trying to backpeddle later on but they cut away immediately to the contradicting comments. I may not be explaining that well, but trust me, it is FUNNY. There were some funny Zoolander shots too.

At the very end is where I fell in love with Fabio, yes, I said it. Fabio, cheesemaster extraordinaire. Here is why, the contestant who got the lowest grade on this challenge was shown calling his girlfriend/loved one on the house phone. That guy was starting to cry and talk about the challenge and then they cut to FABIO consoling him telling him not to cry and pretending to be the other person on the line. Freaking hilarious.

Kudos to Oxygen so far, keep it up and don’t make me regret writing this glowing post.

Oh, and I was planning on starting a Mr. Romance Thread myself to make my comments for this show so It was nice of one of the contestants or shows producers to go ahead and get that done for us. Thanks.
    Last edited by karen14; 03-15-2005 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    *I believe this was Mark Mast*
    Oh, and I was planning on starting a Mr. Romance Thread myself to make my comments for this show so It was nice of one of the contestants or shows producers to go ahead and get that done for us. Thanks.
    Was Mark familiar to you as well? He reminds me of someone who cried when they got dumped on some show. I ruled out the Bachelorette, so I am left thinking it was the Player...Man I regret watching that show.

What did you think of the PA announcements or prep school set up?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Baby May, I got the name Mark Mast from the Oxygen.com website so nope that name wasnt familiar to me, but as he stated SEVERAL times he has been a model for 12 years so you have probably seem him somewhere. I think he mentioned acting too so who knows.

I like the PA announcements alright but they dont add too much funny factor like I think the Catholic Schoolboy outfits and classroom atmosphere do.

FORT Newbie

mark the model

I got some info on Mark the Model.He has a website(I think) that is his name(markmastnet)I thinkIhave seen him ---I think in a Calvin Klein billboard.He is a bit cocky---but SSSSOOOOO DREAMY.He does not seem too bright--but I guess none of those guys are.

Gwen
    Last edited by foottrainer; 03-16-2005 at 02:12 PM.

FORT Newbie

Andrew is cute--but I think Mark is cuter.What do yo think of Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by babymay
    definately one of the funniest shows I have seen. Apparently it was created by Gene Simmons. They are competing for gym memberships, $50,000 cash and to be on the cover of Harequin Romance Novels.

Favorite: Andrew the Alaskan Fishing Guide
    Least Favorite: Mark the model for 12 years. I am sure that he was on another show I have seen, but the Oxygen website yielded no information on the cast.

Andrew is cute--but I think Mark is cuter.What do you think about Scott?
    Gwen

Quote Originally Posted by karen14
    Baby May, I got the name Mark Mast from the Oxygen.com website so nope that name wasnt familiar to me, but as he stated SEVERAL times he has been a model for 12 years so you have probably seem him somewhere. I think he mentioned acting too so who knows.

I like the PA announcements alright but they dont add too much funny factor like I think the Catholic Schoolboy outfits and classroom atmosphere do.
    They have a new site up for the show. Monday night they had zero information for anyone but Fabio (makes me think of Average Joe 2)...

the Adam Show

this show keeps getting better!

Last week was a bit funnier but this epi is still good. I cant see why the guy from Hawaii even came on this. He is just too shy. I can't figure out what he thought this would be about??

FORT Newbie

Scott

I think Scott is adorable. My favorite all the way, even if he doesn't get much air time.

+ Reply to Thread