+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Austin: Aire Libre Drive - Kia's Room

Austin: Aire Libre Drive - Kia's Room

Just... no.

Way too much ugly fabric. I can't believe she just pulled all their crap out of the attic and stuck it in that room. How cheesy. Glaze? Bad. That uncomfortable metal couch? Bad. Not the most evil room by her though.

where did they find her?
    That couch is aweful.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

God, she's awful. She's still no Hildeous (thank GOD), but she's a close second.

And that couch...it looks like a friggin' daybed!

The couch was a friggin daybed

It was really horrible, so cheap looking.
    She completely dropped the ball on this one imo.
    She spent half her budget on those hideous drapes then had to scavenge round the house for stuff to go in the room.

I hated the way she extended the fireplace. The wood she used at the top was a completely different "weight" to the existing mantle and surround.

I also think she should have carried the gold colour throughout the entire room, not just on the feature wall, or at the very least paint the other walls in a closer shade.
    "That's Numberwang!"

This is the first Kia room I didn't completely hate. I actually liked the draperies. Other then that... A day bed in the living room, umm ok.
    I can't believe that is all she got Ty to do with the fire place. He could have extended it up without making it look so cheap. I think the average Joe off the street could do a better job then this lady.
    On a side note it was very starnge seeing Ty have almost nothing to do. They usually work the guy half to death and on this one gave him almost nothing to do.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

I love the deep rich brown color. Hate the yellow an the other wall. No one would be comfortable sitting on the lawn furniture in the house. Silly. This would be furnature that you sit your daughter's dates on to grill them before they take her out. Horrible
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

OK wait, fluff, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it usually bad to have a warm-toned paint with a cool-toned paint?

Also that Taj-Mahal painting they found? It was probably a wedding present or christmas present, and they stashed it in the bottom of their closet because they didn't like it. Now whoever gave it to them knows they stashed it.

I don't like to see warm and cool tones mixed personally ducky.

Technically you could say it's "wrong" if you're looking for an overall warm look, which you would think she was by her use of the gold and the fabric.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Sleeping with George W
    I was really digging the tension between Kia and Paige. There's some real hatred going on there, lemme tell ya.

And did you notice Kia going on and on about "we all know why things are going so smoothly, don't we?" to Paige. I think she meant that she was on track because she didn't ask Ty to do anything for her. Gah, what a cow!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast